510 Atomizers for Dripping - Good and Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooRooBears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
California
I have a provari & zmax with boge & smoktech tanks, but sometimes I simply want to try out flavors the good'ol way with a few drops on an atomizer.

I see that the prices are much higher than what I remember from back in the day with atomizers! If you have any suggestions as to where to buy some 510 atomizers specifically for dripping at cheaper prices but work great, please share them!

I found this site: Electronic Cigarettes Chicago | E Cigarettes | E Cigs | Smokeless Cigarettes | eCigarette Minooka, IL
$15 for a pack of 5 - standard 510 atomizers is cheapest I can find online.
5 Pack Bargain 510 Standard Atomizers [510BGN-5PCK] - $14.99 :

It's a trusted vendor of ECF so I'm guessing they're a legit business with good standards.

Any info/advice/suggestions please?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Cool deal :) I got a phoenix v3 about a week ago and have been playing around with(learning) coil/wick setups. It's my first time dripping and even with a not so great coil/wick I can see the difference in flavor profiles.

If you've never rebuilt a coil/wick before, one piece of advice from a noob, don't be too stingy with the wire you're working with. I tried to be conservative with how much I was using and didn't want to waste too much, and ended up with a couple I couldn't even work with.

Kazoo

Oct 15, 2011
San Antonio Texas
My experience with Atomizers is relatively limited, since I stumbled on the good ones when I started anyway lol.
But, I have to agree, I would much rather spend $9 an atomizer than buy a cheapo bargain pack.
Some have had luck with the cheap atomizers, from what I have seen most have not lol.

I've had a dozen generic atomizers and they all lasted a few days to a week. But my IkenVape atomizers have lasted me MONTHS!
2 of my Atomizers lasted my well near 5 months each!

I recently purchased a Genesis style tank, and the concept of the rebuildable is AWESOME! I'm currently looking into purchasing an A7 or Phoenix rebuildable drip atomizer as well.

Hope this helps ya out any.

RooRooBears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
California
Kazoo and Lessifer, thank you very much for your help! It's thanks to you two I finally got started to look into rebuildables and ended up ordering a IGO-L. Just made the order today and can't wait for it to arrive. Also ordered Kanthal wire, SS mesh, and silica wick. I want to try 100% cotton as well for wicking but I'll just go to a local store for that. Thanks for all your help!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Kazoo and Lessifer, thank you very much for your help! It's thanks to you two I finally got started to look into rebuildables and ended up ordering a IGO-L. Just made the order today and can't wait for it to arrive. Also ordered Kanthal wire, SS mesh, and silica wick. I want to try 100% cotton as well for wicking but I'll just go to a local store for that. Thanks for all your help!

No prob, I've got a nice little vertical cotton ball wick setup in my phoenix, it's vaping like a champ now :)

Empress Dragonfly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
U.S
Great post!
I am also looking for the same, I was considering the HH357, but would like to build my own to use on a 510 threaded Lavatube to test liquids.

I just purchased a preowned REO and it came with some extra materials. I tried building one and it came out pretty damn good. I just dont know where to get the extra material.
I have to ask where one would get a phoenix or octopus RBA, kanthal wire, ss mesh or the silica wick?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Great post!
I am also looking for the same, I was considering the HH357, but would like to build my own to use on a 510 threaded Lavatube to test liquids.

I just purchased a preowned REO and it came with some extra materials. I tried building one and it came out pretty damn good. I just dont know where to get the extra material.
I have to ask where one would get a phoenix or octopus RBA, kanthal wire, ss mesh or the silica wick?

Many vendors sell the phoenix and the RDA, surevapes discountvapers gotvapes are the few I've seen them at, but I know many others do too. All those vendors also sell wick and wire in varying quantities and sizes, usually you'll want to look for the "rebuildables" section.

Empress Dragonfly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
U.S
Thanks, It's good to know I can get it all at one store.That is a plus for me.

Many vendors sell the phoenix and the RDA, surevapes discountvapers gotvapes are the few I've seen them at, but I know many others do too. All those vendors also sell wick and wire in varying quantities and sizes, usually you'll want to look for the "rebuildables" section.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
For me the best place is always DigitalCiggz! They frequently have my atty of choice, Joyetech 2.2 ohm standards, for 5 packs at $9.95. The 5 pack may have gone back up to $40 (a huge difference), but as long as you check back, they will go on sale again. Because of DigitalCIggz, I am sitting on 40+ of my favorite old school attys that are my choice for vaping, period. Yep, I am a 510 dripper.

p.s. When in doubt, or in between sales, Empire Mods is great.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Isn't a rba dripper will be more troublesome to test e-liquid? Will the changeover be fast?

If you just use a small piece of silica wick and coil it will be the same quick flavor change as a standard atty, if you're using something like the octopus with the standard 8 wick setup it will be tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread