510 Atty Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExcelciusMaximus

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Austin, TX
Just started vaping about a month ago, already purchased 2 new attys due to the lack of draw and burnt taste. I did some research and found ways to clean them, etc, but had a quick n00b questions, if you will. Ended up using a tweezers to pull out some fibers that were caught in the atty, they were burnt but didnt look like any of the batting I was using in the carts.

Do the attys for the 510 have any fibers in them, perhaps in the "pointy metal bridge part" that I may have removed that could have caused both to work poorly, seeing as how i removed the same fibers from both.

Thanks in advance, new attys are working great, just very curious.

Yes, the Joye 510(maybe DSE too?) has a wick just below the bridge. Be extremely careful pulling those fibers out. You can kill the atty if you pull the wrong thing. I would recommend not pulling any of those fibers out.

Through some experimentation and trial and error, I found out what you're suppose to do with those wick fibers just under the bridge of some of the 510 atomizers...

Don't mess with the fibers until the atty begins to suffer from a performance loss (which is caused by the extra wick fibers). After breaking in your atty, you may notice it doesn't produce the amount of fog vapor it use to when it was new. On the old 510's a drain and 10 second burn would do the trick to restore it, but you may find out that method doesn't work so good on the new bridge-wicked attys, or so it would seem and it might be a bit confusing at first. Even I said to myself, "WTF?!"

Anywho, when you begin having performance issues, look down in the atty at the bridge-wick fibers. If you paid attention to them before you started using the atty, you would remember they used to be glossy-white and aimed down toward the heater in a nice horse-shoe shape.... NOW, when you look at them you may see they are dull, brown, and have lost their shape. They also appear to be blocking the airway a bit. They have pretty much turned into a filter and are ruining your vapor...

Instead of trashing the atty, do exactly what your not suppose to do at this point. Use the atty a little to warm it up, then take some tweezers and gently pull those nasty bridge-wick fibers out. It might take 2 or 3 pulls to get all of them out. Be careful not to damage the metal fibers on the bridge itself. I would suggest using plastic tweezers for this job.

Now it looks like an old 510. Guess what? It still works just like an old 510 too! All of your old 510 atty cleaning techniques will now restore it just like they should.

Enjoy.

I consider the above advice to be.. well.. bad advice.

YMMV

Thank you for your opinion.

I'm just saying it works for me, and it might work for somebody else. I still wouldn't pull out the extra fibers on a new atty though, just the ones you're thinking about throwing away. Every little idea helps when money is short... you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread