The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

510 carts: has anyone successfully dyed / painted / stickered them a different colour?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Ixnay, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ixnay

Ixnay Full Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I seem to be in that minority of vapers who care MORE--not less--about the aesthetics of their ecig as they go...

I recently bought a metallic red 510 (battery + atomizer) whose look I adore...except for the clunky black cartridge at the end!

I tried giving a white 510 cart a 48-hour bath in some red food dye, but of course the plastic didn't take the colour at all. Oh well--worth a shot. :rolleyes:

The only thread I've been able to find about this is called "510 colored carts? tan?" (sorry, can't post links yet). A responder mentioned LeCig's soft cartomizers (which admittedly look pretty awesome if you're after the tan filter look). However, I like the performance of the normal 510 atomizers and don't want to give them up.

I guess I could keep my ecig one colour by tailpiping (hee hee--love that term!), but I prefer the convenience of carts to dripping.

So...has anybody found a solution to the problem of 510 cart colours?

• Are there any vendors out there who sell 510-compatible carts in colours besides white and black?
    • Has anybody found a non-toxic paint/nail polish/dye/sticker/what-have-you that did the trick?

Thanks!

2. guitarman023

guitarman023 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2009
    Marietta, Ohio
    Your other option would be a red drip tip.

3. Ixnay

Ixnay Full Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    That's a good idea, guitarman023! Can you point me in the right direction?

Also, if anybody has a photo of an assembled 510 with a matching colour drip tip on it, that would be wonderful!

4. guitarman023

Oct 30, 2009
    Marietta, Ohio
    here's the site I was going to direct you to, but it looks like they're out of stock. I would email them and see when they'll have them back in.

Dripper Tips

5. Ixnay

Ixnay Full Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Ooo, those look pretty good! Other drip tips I've seen were too tapered/hour-glass shaped for my liking, but those are ones I might be interested in. --Thanks for passing that along!

I'd love to see a picture of a 510 with one of those on the end, if anybody has one. I have a hard time visualizing things... :)

6. guitarman023

Oct 30, 2009
    Marietta, Ohio
  7. Ixnay

Ixnay Full Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.