510 dual coils killed my Ego batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmelaney

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
I am so frustrated! I bought a box of the 510 dual coil cartos and both of my manual Ego PT batteries died with the same symptoms. Gradually they stopped charging. The charging light won't go on unless I fiddle with them like a loose wire. It got worse and worse until neither would charge at all anymore. One battery is 2 months older than the other, and I have had them for 7 & 9 months (from Litecig.) For both to give out with the same symptoms at the same time (tried multiple chargers) tells me it was the cartos. No other cartos or atomizers gave me problems before.

In addition, 4 out of 5 of them were mis-threaded and did not fit my batteries. I had to hold them on while vaping.

Now no one seems to carry Ego Passthrough batteries anymore, nor are they carrying Genuine Joye 510 cartos (I hate Boge's) so I'm SOL. I am using KR808D-1's for now, but FSUSA isn't carrying replacement cartos for those either. Grrrrrrrrrr! I'm spending $60.00 on new hardware I shouldn't have needed!

My order is 2 months old so I realize it's probably too late to fix things. Just wanted to make sure folks know about the Dual Coil carto problem.

(For the record I love FreedomSmokeUSA and will continue using them as my primary liquid/hardware supplier.)

Karlproxima

May 1, 2011
Athens GA
Hi, you look like you have been at this for a long time.. but I wonder have you ever replaced your ego charger before?

I only say this.. because as an engineer I play close watch on things like that knowing full well that they are a weak link in the chain. I not being special get into a routine like anyone else and.. the day came when i fried not just one but two of my chargers in an afternoon. None of my batteries are damaged.. but all I did was clean off a bit of buildup from the charger connection when I noticed my batteries were not taking a full charge.

After I cleaned my ego charger.. that's where things went wrong. You almost feel stupid.. knowing that it can happen and telling myself that I should have a backup charger.. but there I was and it took a few days to replace everything.

I am not going to even go into the few stupid things I did in the while but all of my batteries are fine now that I have a new charger.

Typically what I have noticed is that the joye products tend to be very hearty.. that Kr808 batteries, why I'll never know seem to fail quite often.. to date none of my 808 stuff works.

The problem with the threads though.. that's weird. Many reasons for that but.. I have never tried double coils before mostly because it's sounding very much like an engineering critique/joke.. the phrase is 'double clutching gee whiz' A could is x ohms.. 2 coils is kind of a moot point. So far I haven't had any issues with weird coils and I rebuild all of mine to new specs every day.. never had a problem.

This is the only reason I suspect it is a charger issue.. if I have learned anything it is that ego chargers and batteries are very specific about not accepting any other battery / chargers or they freak out and go bad.

That's the price we pay for lipo batteries. I hoped this helps.. (new charger from madvapes is the least expensive I think.. get the high current charger, might even be on sale) if you know that's not the problem then ignore what I said.

Warmest Regards,

Karl :)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
It's kind of a known fact that running LR anything, especially dual coil will kill the mosfet connection on these types of Batts if you chain vape them and or over heat them in any way. The secret is rotating Batts, take a couple of vapes from one batt then switch to another and even maybe a 3rd and 4th Batt in that rotation, as long as you dont over heat them you should be fine, just order 4 Batts next time instead of one or two. There only Batts and they do go bad, its all in how much we stress them that gives them a short life or longevity, keep em cool they will last. I've still got quite a few of the original Janty Ego Batts that are probably over 2 yrs old now, I just keep rotating and I do run LR and DC Carto's and LR-Atty's on them. Try this rotating and not letting them get to hot and I think you will be fine, good luck

good posts. I missed this thread yesterday but some very valid points. technology is getting a bit ahead of itself and yes a good old standard e-cig battery is not really built to withstand dual and triple coil cartomizers, especially for folks who vape alot. Mind you it does work, but best bet is a stand alone mod type e-cig for the more sophisticated stuff out there in my opinion. solod alot of those cartos and have never seen any thread problems though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread