510 PT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Just got my 510 pass-thru from Good Prophets (a side note, I can't say enough about GP - ordered on Saturday, rec'd today, plus they're way generous - I got a free atty and bottle with this order, some free juice with my last - yum). On to my question - I plugged my PT in to the usb port, no vape. Let it charge a couple minutes - yes vape. Ok, so it does need to charge, no problem with that - but, do I need to unplug it from the usp when I'm not using it? Will it 'over-charge'? Maybe a dumb question, but there it is. Any answers?

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
You do not need to pull it, the standard 510 PTs use an inline 10440 (aaa sized) li-ion batt to both drop the voltage to ~4.2V from 5V USB port and to help 'up the amps' since a lot of usb ports and chargers can't handle the 1.5Amps that a 510 atty needs....

Long story short: it's good to go, doesn't need to keep charging before you use it, but doesn't need to be unplugged either (it will keep the batt charged, but not overcharge it)... And in a pinch you can unplug it and vape until the batt dies if you ever need to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread