510 thread possibly broken on mechmod please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalebdoyle

Dec 23, 2015
Hi there drippers and vapers alike! Anyone who is experienced with mechmods it would be very much appreciated if I could get someone's help! I think the 510 threading on my mechmod might be ruined (I will add a picture to show when I'm not using my phone can't focus enough on something this small and apparently I can only upload 1Mb files?) but to describe it there is a small scratched up spot on the bottom left inside the 510threading, will this cos an issue in anyway? Can I get it repaired? and also side question is there ok ventilation on my mod, anyone have any info on the "snowgirl" mechmod is this a good mechmod? If someone can show me how to post pics here that'd be great.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
It's hard to say without seing pictures or being able to examine the device. That being said, if there is any chance that metal could flake off the threads when screwing your atty onto the device, there is some danger that the loose metal might cause a short - not something you want to happen.

As for the device itself, I can't really say if it is a good mech mod or not, since I don't have one. According to my research, it's a parallel mod, which means that you have an extra margin of safety when using well-known high-drain batteries from a reputable vendor. It does seem to be a (hmm... gimmick isn't the right word) let's say "designer" device. It could well be a well-designed and well-made device if they paid as much attention to design and manufacturing as the did with the aesthetics. I hear you with wanting a device that looks good, but personally, I tend to stay away from devices that advertise more about the looks than they do the specifications of the device.

IMHO, I would replace it rather than take the chance of a short.

Hope it help and Happy Vaping!

Reactions: tmcase
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread