Status
Not open for further replies.

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Oxnard, CA, USA
Greetings ECF,
So I have been vaping for over 3 years now and was wondering what your collective thoughts/opinions are on the two 521 Tabs on the market currently.
I was looking to buy either the 521 Tab by Geekvape OR the 521 Tab by Coilmaster. I have seen reviews of both devices separately but I have not read/watched a comparison between them. I did see a video on YouTube; however it was in a different language other than the ones I know.
To my knowledge, it seems as though the 521 Tab by Geekvape may be the better of the two; I have used the Coilmaster 521 Tab and have experienced non-reading (atty not touching to atty pin too long errors, bad 510 design) as well as wrong/unstable resistance readings on the Coilmaster 521 Tab as well. Does the 521 Tab by Geekvape have these same issues? It (geekvape) seems to be a better one.
Take in mind, I just need to be able to build, fire, and read on it (the extra things the Coilmaster has are of no use for my purposes).
Hopefully you fellow members could help me make a descision.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    A few months ago, I was trying to make the same decision.
    Also could not find any good comparisons.
    I ended up going with the CM, because it was on sale.
    I think the CM 510 issue was with the earlier models.
    No connection issues on mine, and OHMs read the same as my USA meter.
    For me, one advantage the CM had, is a solid SS 510. The GV uses a plated 510
    Daniel has a good review of the GV:

Reactions: jarreddizzle

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 2, 2013
    Oxnard, CA, USA
    A few months ago, I was trying to make the same decision.
    Also could not find any good comparisons.
    I ended up going with the CM, because it was on sale.
    I think the CM 510 issue was with the earlier models.
    No connection issues on mine, and OHMs read the same as my USA meter.
    For me, one advantage the CM had, is a solid SS 510. The GV uses a plated 510
    Daniel has a good review of the GV:

Yes I have seen Daniel's review of the GV 521, I'm still on the fence as to which, I feel was though the properties/abilities/features of the GV are better, but I'm worried whichever I buy there will be a new version out after I buy it... that's the name of the game I guess. I understand your point of the CM 521 as well, not feeling the plating of the GV

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Reactions: puffon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread