555 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jude4044

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I tried 555 for the first time a few weeks ago. Although at first, the taste wasn't anything spectacular, after vaping a couple of tanks worth, the taste has really grown on me. The problem I'm having is I can't stand the smell of the vapor. It is extremely pungent/perfumy and to me, not very pleasant. The very instant I smelled the vapor, it automatically reminded me of a review I watched (and forgotten) that grimmgreen did where he described the taste/smell as 'reminiscent of sweaty gym socks'...I now have half the mind of putting a clothespin on my nose while vaping this thing. My question is: does all 555 juice have strong pungent/perfumy vapor?

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
What does it taste like?

One favorite of mine is MyFreedomSmokes vg 555. Tastes nothing like tobacco to me, but has a fantastic sort of hazelnut flavor in it that I sometimes really enjoy. Vapor does not smell bad.

MBV 555 has a maple sort of flavor with some "perfumeyness." I like it (although, again, no real tobacco flavor) but my wife does complain about the vapor smell with that one. Tastes like maple pancakes with some sort of lavendery hint in it.

If you can describe the flavor, someone may know of a similar tasting liquid that doesn't smell so bad. Odds are its that perfumy component that: a. Tastes terrible (I hate that flowery hint that seems to find its way into so many liquids) and b. smells really bad when vaped.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I can't take the smell of Halo Prime 15-- the smell of the juice alone barfs me out and the taste is also kinda funky.

I didn't care for Dekang 555 or Backwoods Brew 555.

Totally Wicked State Express wasn't bad but Puresmoker 555 was the first one I really liked (and they don't sell it anymore).

Vapor Station Frisco was a favorite for a long time, then it seems they changed the formula and it's not quite the same.

These days I buy Nite Lite Vapor Line Rider from Litecig. Lots of nutty flavor with a good tobacco base.
I also like to mix it with NLV Waffles for a little added maple and sweetness, or add some honey flavoring for a honey-nut taste.

jude4044

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What does it taste like?

One favorite of mine is MyFreedomSmokes vg 555. Tastes nothing like tobacco to me, but has a fantastic sort of hazelnut flavor in it that I sometimes really enjoy. Vapor does not smell bad.

MBV 555 has a maple sort of flavor with some "perfumeyness." I like it (although, again, no real tobacco flavor) but my wife does complain about the vapor smell with that one. Tastes like maple pancakes with some sort of lavendery hint in it.

If you can describe the flavor, someone may know of a similar tasting liquid that doesn't smell so bad. Odds are its that perfumy component that: a. Tastes terrible (I hate that flowery hint that seems to find its way into so many liquids) and b. smells really bad when vaped.

I'm really not the best at describing flavors. The juice I'm talking about is pink spot vapor 555. I as well don't really taste the tobacco, but can definitely taste salty nuts.
What I'm really looking for is tobacco base (the stronger the better) with a nutty taste (I don't like hazelnut).

jude4044

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I can't take the smell of Halo Prime 15-- the smell of the juice alone barfs me out and the taste is also kinda funky.

I didn't care for Dekang 555 or Backwoods Brew 555.

Totally Wicked State Express wasn't bad but Puresmoker 555 was the first one I really liked (and they don't sell it anymore).

Vapor Station Frisco was a favorite for a long time, then it seems they changed the formula and it's not quite the same.

These days I buy Nite Lite Vapor Line Rider from Litecig. Lots of nutty flavor with a good tobacco base.
I also like to mix it with NLV Waffles for a little added maple and sweetness, or add some honey flavoring for a honey-nut taste.

I shop litecig all the time and always glance through the NLV juices but never buy. After your comment, I think I'm definitely going to include some line rider on my next purchase. Any chance you can give your 2 cents on the other nlv juices that you've tried?

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
i usually vape V4L WOW555, and it has a vert pleasant nutty tobacco smell. it is a strong smell mind you, but its not what you are describing. FWIW, the WOW555 version is much sweeter than their premium version(didnt care much for that one), the nutty tones are more prominent with the WOW as well. if you dont like the V4l Versions sweetness, the smokless image volt 555 is almost identical, but to me, it was slightly less sweet, but the taste was damned near exact.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
i usually vape V4L WOW555, and it has a vert pleasant nutty tobacco smell. it is a strong smell mind you, but its not what you are describing. FWIW, the WOW555 version is much sweeter than their premium version(didnt care much for that one), the nutty tones are more prominent with the WOW as well. if you dont like the V4l Versions sweetness, the smokless image volt 555 is almost identical, but to me, it was slightly less sweet, but the taste was damned near exact.

I love SI555.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
I love SI555.

when im stocking up, ill check both sites, and whichever is cheaper or has the better coupons, thats who ill usually go with.the difference is slight enough, that its not really noticeable. i have noticed that the 11mg v4l wow555 TH is pretty substantial. i usually vape 18mg, but the 11 does it for me with that juice.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
I'm really not the best at describing flavors. The juice I'm talking about is pink spot vapor 555. I as well don't really taste the tobacco, but can definitely taste salty nuts.
What I'm really looking for is tobacco base (the stronger the better) with a nutty taste (I don't like hazelnut).
Have you tried RY4?

jude4044

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Have you tried RY4?

I have. I'm a big fan of ry4. The following are the ones I've tried ranked in my order of preference (left to right):
Midas -> Kustom -> Pink Spot (RY8) -> Vapor Joes (4x4)

I like to vape different type of tobacco "mixes" and definitely looking for the "perfect" non-sweet, nutty tobacco.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Which supplier do you get your 555 hangsen?

Fasttech I always grab a new flavor with a FT order.

Hangsens has a USA supplier and I will use it next time I want some Hangsen's without a fasttech order

Good pricing and many good reviews on 2-3 day shipping, they carry almost all flavors, was glad to find it.

Hangsen E-Cigarette E-Liquid

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I shop litecig all the time and always glance through the NLV juices but never buy. After your comment, I think I'm definitely going to include some line rider on my next purchase. Any chance you can give your 2 cents on the other nlv juices that you've tried?

My take, and as always: 'taste is subjective':

Bounty Hunter -- Very heavy on vanilla and quite sweet; the tobacco part takes a back seat on this one. Many people comment on the 'vanilla wafer' taste, some say a 'white cake' flavor, but for me the vanilla overwhelms everything else (but that's okay, I like vanilla). I vaped it for 6 weeks straight when I first tried it, but these days I like to mix it: 2 parts BH to 1 part Twillite to add more tobacco taste and reduce the sweetness.

Gold -- This one is sweet and smooth, with taste balanced between maple syrup and tobacco but more complex than just those two. If you like the sweetness it can easily be an all day vape. This is probably the #2 top seller in the NLV line.

Sundance -- A dessert flavor, think of cupcakes with orange icing. My wife vaped this for a long time.

Twilite -- My favorite... I vape more of this than all other juices combined. The taste is non-sweet and reminds me of Prince Albert tobacco; it's a satisfying vape if you crave a real tobacco feel from your juice. To me it has a bit of a sharp high note though, so I've taken to adding other juices to soften the taste (see: Waffles, below)

Waffles -- Not one I care for straight (must have tobacco taste in my all day vape) but it's great for adding maple sweetness to other juices: 1 part Waffles to 4 parts Twilite is very good and if you like a 'flue cured' taste similar that of the old BestEcig juice of that name, try 1 part Waffles to 2 parts Twilite. Also: 1 part Waffles + 2 parts Line Rider makes a mild maple nut tobacco flavor that's quite good.

Fruit3 -- Peach, pear and apple combination with moderate flavor strength. Not my thing but I admit it is tasty.

Harbor Nite -- tobacco with a chocolate overtone and nuts besides. I like this one when I'm in the mood for a smooth vape but it's not really an all-dayer for me.

Tappules -- I don't know why I like this one so much, because the tobacco part is on the mild side. It must be the apple flavor that has me hooked. The overall effect is mild and smooth and makes me think of moderately sweet apple pie filling. Great balance of flavors. I'll always want to have this one around.

Last edited:

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
Fasttech I always grab a new flavor with a FT order. Hangsens has a USA supplier and I will use it next time I want some Hangsen's without a fasttech orderGood pricing and many good reviews on 2-3 day shipping, they carry almost all flavors, was glad to find it.Hangsen E-Cigarette E-Liquid
Thanks for the link. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread