Not open for further replies.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
I'm almost 50 and getting an outbreak of acne is crazy. I had a small bout of the quit zits early on but nothing major. In the last week it has really picked up with acne on my face and back a lot more. Like I said in the title, I have been cig free for 6 months now. I also have been using some juice lately that is 100% VG instead of my usual 70/30 PG/VG ratio, could this have anything to do with it? I know I do not drink enough water like I should, could that also be helping in this?

Thanks for any help.

Linden

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan,USA
Drink more water and do not touch your face when you have juice on your fingers. I am two months analog free and last week I was near tears because the acne around my mouth/chin just won't quit! I started washing my hands more often thinking maybe I was clogging my pores or having an allergic reaction to the nicotine in the juice touching the sensitive skin on my face. It seems to be working!

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Thanks Linden, I need more water for sure. But as for the hand washing and stuff like that, I learned that early on. I am extra careful with juice now and always make sure my hands are clean. With using bottom feeders now there is minimal contact with juice. Just weird that this has started back so strong, of course it just could be my bodies natural cleansing of the toxins that have built up after 30+ years of smoking, I'm sure it will take longer than 6 months.

Would love to hear from some that have past that 6 month mark.

Bluesun62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
Ramona, CA
Hey BB, I think that the body goes through alot of changes after smoking. I think some of them continue for years as the body repairs itself. I'm about the same point as you quiting and still get the zits. Usually the mean ones, but just a few. I have read that different organs repair themselves at different rates, so the whole body is in flux for longer than we would normally think.

Just hang in there and I think things will smooth out with time.

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
Hey BB-
I'm comming up on a year and still getting them- and I drink around a gallon of water a day, and get at least 1/2 an hr on the cross trainer.

I think there's some relation to VG which seems to have other side effects as well on my digestion. I've been tinkering with my mixture a bit and dropped back from 50%VG to around 30% and it's seemed to help. You might want to try a detox formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread