70/30 vg/pg making me feel sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDarkRelic

Feb 2, 2015
Texas
Okay, so recently I've gotten into rdas. I've decided lowering my nic strength from 12mg to 6mg. I've also decided that I'm going to try out a different vg/pg ratio since my rda can handle what my tanks couldn't.

So I went with 70/30 vg/pg. It seems that when I vape these, after about 5 or 6 toots I start to feel kinda off. Like a heavy feeling in my stomach. And If I continue to vape them I start to feel kinda nauseous, and my gag reflex triggers which causes me to well, gag.

I have no idea what could be causing this effect. It's not nicotine overdose because I've dripped 12mg on my same single coil and I've never felt like this. As a matter of fact, I can chain vape 12mg no problems, other than the TH being a little strong.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I didn't think any kind of allergy was linked to VG.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
It may still be the nicotine. If you are running lower ohms, and producing more vapor then 6mg might still be too much.

If you really think its the VG being too high then cut back and try something more like a 50/50 mix. I havent heard too much of people getting sick from high VG so if thats the case I would be interested to see if anyone else has this problem.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
If my hubby tries a liquid with more than 10% VG, He throws up after just a few hits.

We experimented for a few days, with me not telling him the VG content of various brews (of the same flavor), so he'd be sure it wasn't his mind playing games, and yup, not more than 10%.

It also gives him serious heavy chest feeling.
I make him 100% PG juice and he's happy as a clam.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I get the heavy lung thing from VG, but I have to chain vape a ton of it. I have a sensitivity to PG, so the high VG fluids are my only option. I never felt any kind of actual sick from anything but too much nicotine though. 6mg is too strong for me in a RDA. I tried it and got a heck of a high. But I can chain vape 12 in a Kayfun all day long. VG vaporizes faster and makes bigger clouds, which means it also delivers more nicotine per puff. My vote still goes to your problem being too much nicotine. Try cutting down to a 3mg nic juice and see what happens.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It is a Total amplification of consumption.
e-liquid is being consumed at a much higher rate.
Your problem could be any aspect of the e-liquid, however the most likely causes woult be Nic or Flavoring.
I dropped to 3mg using my RDA's and the vape is fine.
I also started reducing the flavoring in my Mixes and found most still deliver a good result with a few becoming an even better vape.

I have since transferred these mix levels back to my RTA's with successful results.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Okay, so recently I've gotten into rdas. I've decided lowering my nic strength from 12mg to 6mg. I've also decided that I'm going to try out a different vg/pg ratio since my rda can handle what my tanks couldn't.

So I went with 70/30 vg/pg. It seems that when I vape these, after about 5 or 6 toots I start to feel kinda off. Like a heavy feeling in my stomach. And If I continue to vape them I start to feel kinda nauseous, and my gag reflex triggers which causes me to well, gag.

I have no idea what could be causing this effect. It's not nicotine overdose because I've dripped 12mg on my same single coil and I've never felt like this. As a matter of fact, I can chain vape 12mg no problems, other than the TH being a little strong.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I didn't think any kind of allergy was linked to VG.

I'm gonna go with nic and/or flavorings.

Those are my big no-no's and to much of either makes me feel as you describe.

Once I got decent equipment and was able to drop nic and flavorings all negative parts of vaping went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread