8 Year Vaperversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
A couple of days ago I reached my 8 year anniversary of vaping (dancing bananas for me!).

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Things have changed a lot out there in the vaping world, but I am happy with my Vapor Zeus Dual Mode batteries (which I use only on auto mode) & Smileomizers. I have no desire to get into tanks, pods, rebuildable atomizers etc. This set up works for me.

Life has changed for me a lot over the past few years and I can no longer afford my beloved New Menthol and Wowboy Peppermint, so I have to mix my own juice out of premixed concentrates - just not the same. If I won the lottery, one of the first purchases would be a big order of my favourite V4L juices.

I just want to say thanks again to Smilin' Steve and the wonderful folk at Vapor4Life, and to all the wonderful people who used to frequent this forum and gave advice & support throughout my early vaping journey. Although V4L was not my first ecig brand (there were 3 at least before them),without these people, I don't know if I'd have reached this milestone.

So thanks again V4L. :headbang:

Robert T. Tan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Illinois
www.vapor4life.com
Congratulations! A lot has changed since then in the industry and it is great that you still love the Vapor Zeus. So thank you!

I quit around this time of year but a couple years later. I remember flying over the holidays and worrying about my batteries lasting through my layover in Atlanta (I still obsess over batteries). So I brought some cigarettes for backup- which had been sitting in my freezer for close to month at that point.

While waiting and vaping in the smoking garden at Augusta airport for my flight back, I determined that I really was done with cigs for good. I had no desire to light up and much preferred vaping. I gave my remaining packs to an airport employee who had come out to take a smoke break.

I also distinctly remember my first 40 minute commute to work after switching to e-cigs, desperately puffing away on some ego twist device and hoping that it would work. A couple days later it was clear that it would be a satisfactory replacement and within a month my preference was set in stone. It wasn't even close.

Smoking had become such a part of my driving ritual that I actually ran a couple stop signs in the first week because my focus was a bit off. At concerts and even a few 3 day concert festivals with tons of smokers around, I've never been tempted to light up. And to date, knock on wood, I've never been harassed by venue security for bringing in an e-cigs. I have never tried to sneakily vape at family oriented sporting events but its not like I can check it in a locker during the game.

In fact, I was in New York at MSG for New Years 2015 and some local snarks in line were ribbing me about my e-cigs and insisting it would be confiscated. The joke was on them when their lighters were seized and security could care less about my low nicotine device and preposterous 21000maH battery back complete with dangly USB cords (as much for my sad sack phone battery as my mod).

When I started here recently I was not familiar with the Zeus and honestly it looked a bit alien compared to my mod- which is the size of police service revolver. But I love the peppermint (which is in the air at this very moment) and plan on giving a couple out as gifts to some friends of mine who love cig-a-likes. I hope the Zeus works as well for them as it has for you.

Robert

Reactions: katz-in-boots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread