8084? Is this a 4081/npro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CattMurry

Aug 2, 2009
No, at least as far as I can tell from pictures, reviews, post etc....
The DSE084 has a 4 hole atty and a smaller battery than the RN4081.
Also I heard in a review that there are no notches cut into the atty end of the battery for airflow. This is because the atty does not screw all the way in leaving a small gap for the airflow giving it a very easy draw according to the review. (it was on youtube)

I'd like to know if the DSE084 atty will fit the DSE103 and 4081 batteries so I might order one. It'd be nice to find a 4 hole atty that works with stuff I already have. Also I like the idea of a real analog "King sized" ecig, even if I have to swap batteries every half hour ,lol

Aug 11, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spammer

fellcolor

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Chicago, IL
The 8084 is a substantially different e-cig from the 4081. The 4081 is a standard sized mini - about 103mm long, something like 8.5 or 9mm diameter, with a 180mah battery. The 8084 is sized the same as an ordinary cig, with a 100mah battery.

It's not a hopeless design, unlike many of the tiny e-cigs - you can get some vapor and throat hit out if it, and the cart design is somewhat easier to switch, and refill, with an inner cartridge that fits loosely in the mouthpiece, and a treaded cap so that you only change the inner cart, not the mouthpiece. It's a 4 hole atomizer though, and that is IMHO far too much air for the quantity of vapor produced. For my purposes, even when I was using the 4081, I wasn't getting enough out of it to keep around. However my friend and his wife, who I handed it on to, are quite happy with it as an alternative to analogs.

Truckster

Moved On
Aug 20, 2009
  • Deleted by PTJD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread