901 Intial Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEA!!!!!! I FINALLY GOT IT :D Sorry I'm excited. Anyway I'm doing the intial charge of the batteries and was wandering how long... the paper says 8 hours but I've heard 12 on the forum... which one is best for the intial charge... I want to start out on the right foot with this... oh yeah and I've got 8 batteries total should I charge them all to make sure they work or will setting charged without use cause them to drain... help please... I'm so excited oh yeah and it's a dse 901 :p thanks yall

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Do the 8 hours on each, you want to make sure all are working in case you got a DOA. I don't see the point of an 8 hour charge..but that's what it says, so just play along. See what your supplier says about sending back defective parts. Most give you two weeks.
After the first 8 hour charge, it's about a 4 hour charge from then on. You can tell when they are getting ready to die..they charge up in about an hour or less. I just nurse them along .LOL Don't go by the green light on your charger, sometimes that's just a wonky light.
batteries will die between 2 weeks and 6 weeks on average, no rhyme or reason about it.
Welcome to E.C.F.! It looks like you are a lady so come down and post in the Women's Room, located in the social forums.

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
You don't need to go for broke stocking up on batteries. Depending on how often you charge them, and how well you take care of them/store them, etc., they can last for well over 100 charges or for a couple of years. I believe the manufacturers claim between 200 and 300 charges. As they say so often here, "your mileage will vary".

SpitfireSMS

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Wanted to jump in here. I just got a 901 starter kit yesterday and gave the battery a full charge and when I pulled it off the charger a dull red light stayed on the battery and when I tried to use it didn't work. My other battery works fine. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thats EXACTLY my situation.
You got shipped a bad battery
Contact the company you bought it from, they should replace.
I am getting my replacement in.

RickB

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Salem,NH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread