901 low bridge v. Joye 302

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
I prefer the 302 over the 801. The 302 appears to have a larger center contact and more bridge material. The 801 appears to have a thinner bridge and floods out easier. The 302 is extremely similar to the Janty classic in appearance. Just my experience so far. I have heard a lot of talk about the BE112. You may want to consider it also. I have not tried the 112 yet. Enjoy!

Vaping Away

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
twister" data-source="post: 792953" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
twister said:
I prefer the 302 over the 801. The 302 appears to have a larger center contact and more bridge material. The 801 appears to have a thinner bridge and floods out easier. The 302 is extremely similar to the Janty classic in appearance. Just my experience so far. I have heard a lot of talk about the BE112. You may want to consider it also. I have not tried the 112 yet. Enjoy!

Thank you. I appreciate your advice.

I take Joye 302 has no problem with pushing the filler up? I use 801 high bridge atomizers and they seem to push the filler materials up quite a bit. I think this is why people are changing high bridge to low bridge and wondering if Joye 302 would have the same problem.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
vaping Away" data-source="post: 793166" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vaping Away said:

I take Joye 302 has no problem with pushing the filler up? I use 801 high bridge atomizers and they seem to push the filler materials up quite a bit. I think this is why people are changing high bridge to low bridge and wondering if Joye 302 would have the same problem.

I've used almost every type of 801 atty on the market. The only one I haven't used yet is the elusive 4 hole m201. <g>

<knock on wood> I'm currently using a Joye 302 from MVS that is entering month #3 -- a record for me by leaps and bounds. It may be just a gem, a freak of an atty that one just happens to get lucky with now and then. It hits/sizzles like a 510 but retains the flavor like a normal 801. When it finally dies I'll be on a quest to find another one just like it -- a quest that may end in failure.

I don't like high bridge attys. I found that they flood too easily for me and they don't provide the TH and flavor I like. The low bridge attys are just right for me -- the trade-off being that they don't wick well. So, I drip.

Vaping Away

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Okay, I am sold. I am going to get a few 302 and give them a try.

Now, the question is what do I do with 9 high bridge 801? :rolleyes: Oh well I guess I will use them at home with my pass-thru.

But I tell you, you are right about the flooding problem. I start dripping more in last couple of weeks, with high bridge. My JS start leaking... Completely sealed? Yeah right. Not so. It is leaking around the USB port. I am pretty sure it was leaking into electrnoics and battery compartment too.

Dripping + high bridge squeezing the filler + the thinner bridge, not a good combination for leaking and flooding out.

Thanks for your input.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA

Just a quick reply to your question, the 302 is low bridge and does not push the filler up as much as a high bridge.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Okay, I am sold. I am going to get a few 302 and give them a try.

Now, the question is what do I do with 9 high bridge 801? :rolleyes: Oh well I guess I will use them at home with my pass-thru.

But I tell you, you are right about the flooding problem. I start dripping more in last couple of weeks, with high bridge. My JS start leaking... Completely sealed? Yeah right. Not so. It is leaking around the USB port. I am pretty sure it was leaking into electrnoics and battery compartment too.

Dripping + high bridge squeezing the filler + the thinner bridge, not a good combination for leaking and flooding out.

Thanks for your input.

>

The RN4072s always leak. TW's pen styles are 4072s. True DSE 801s (high bridge) leak. These attys are an absolute no-no for the JS because there is no place for the liquid to go but further inside the JS. And, PG dissolves adhesives which is why there are so many JS with switch problems, IMHO.

Some attys leak less than others. My Joye 302 (extremely small sample of 1) hardly leaks. The BE112s that I've used hardly leak. The M201s hardly leak.

Vaping -- make sure you use a quality e-liquid with your JS. The real thin stuff, like Johnson Creek is death for the Stick. Or, store your liquids in the fridge for an hour or so before you drip... it tends to thicken up a bit that way. The JS is a decent device and clearly serves a stealthy purpose. I still use mine sometimes but it *is* finicky.

Vaping Away

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Thanks, Richie and Twister.

My JS worked well for about 5 months. I switched from SD to JS because JS was easy to carry around. It still works well, but I think the leaking problem has gotten worse lately. Guess what... Yes, the switch problem started.

I might get SD out of closet and use it for carrying it around. I ordered 801 adopter from MVS with a few 302's. I might try 302 with SD and JS.. See if which one works better.

You know, I thought I found a decent device with JS... Not sure any more. Now what? Wait til Baby J or Ego comes out? 905 better than SD? Go back to 901 atomizer? Get 510? Heck, maybe I should get my NPro back out and give it a try again. :rolleyes:

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
The JS is a really good try at an all in one. Small, easy battery change, pass through, charger, compact. It definitely has its place. At the pc, I use the 801 pass through or the JS.
Now to mess up the game:D Relaxing, I like HV Xhaler from Drew at www.Nhaler.com . His HV juice seems a little thicker and full flavored. Dripping to a low bridge 801 and tailpipping at 5v :por 6v is great. If you get the kit, you can switch around 801, 501, 901, and cartomizers according to the flavor/juice that you prefer. You'll find the combination you like, enjoy!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread