901 Manual Battery kits @ GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
GP now has 901 Manual Sealed Battery kits in store.

$30 Shipped

Includes:

2 Sealed 901 manual switch batteries (with Serial # and SLB Stamp)
1 Charging adapter (to use with standard wall charger)

The batts have an 8-second cut-off and are sealed

available in matte black with blue LED and stainless with orange LED.

Limited Supplies!!!

901 Manual Batts

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Edited,,, sorry

How does the adapter work???

The charging adapter threads onto the battery and then it allows it to thread in the wall charger. Without the adapter, you may not be able to use the manual button battery with the 901 wall charger.

The manual button on the battery is too close to the threads so it gets in the way when trying to connect it to the charger.

The adapter is pretty much an extention piece.

I will have pics on the webstore soon enough.

Thanks,
Rob

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
I have found that the manual batteries charge with the USB charger if you remove the manual button. I would not recommend this procedure, because if you lose the button you are SOL, and possibly removing it many times will eventully tear the button or mess something up. The adapter was made for a reason.

But in an emergency, the USB charger or even the wall charger would work by removing the button.

Thanks,
Rob

Nikko Daniels

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio -USA
Oh,

BTW my USB charger will not charge my 510 batt. not sure why it doesnt or why yours does.
8-o Really!! :confused:

It ALWAYS will charge a 510 battery. I have 3 of them, all charge just fine in that USB charger.

What it WON'T always do is charge a 901 battery.... :confused:
My white 901 battery charges just fine on it but one of my black batteries that came in my kit from GP will NOT charge unless I hold it with a lot of pressure....??????????

Here's proof it charges 510s....
510-ch11.jpg

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
8-o Really!! :confused:

It ALWAYS will charge a 510 battery. I have 3 of them, all charge just fine in that USB charger.

What it WON'T always do is charge a 901 battery.... :confused:
My white 901 battery charges just fine on it but one of my black batteries that came in my kit from GP will NOT charge unless I hold it with a lot of pressure....??????????

Here's proof it charges 510s....
510-ch11.jpg

Yep, me too. My 510 and 801 charges like a champ. My 901 I have to piddle hard with it to get it to try to charge in it..
Strange..

Nikko Daniels

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio -USA
Yep, me too. My 510 and 801 charges like a champ. My 901 I have to piddle hard with it to get it to try to charge in it..
Strange..
.... Same here... with my older black 901 battery, when I push it in, it indicates the beginning of a charge... as soon as I let go of the lever, it gets pushed a bit sideways and cockeyed, breaking the electrical contact.. :confused:

But why it does it consistently with one 901 battery and not the other leaves me clueless.... :lol:

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
.... Same here... with my older black 901 battery, when I push it in, it indicates the beginning of a charge... as soon as I let go of the lever, it gets pushed a bit sideways and cockeyed, breaking the electrical contact.. :confused:

But why it does it consistently with one 901 battery and not the other leaves me clueless.... :lol:

Exactly what mine does on 1 black batt and 1 of my pink one's...
I usually wedge some paper around it to help hold mine .
Ya know, it may be a difference in sizing between batts or even the charger. Even a smallest amount of size difference in manufacturing could be enough to throw things off in our case with the 901's or Rob's with the 510.

Nikko Daniels

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio -USA
Exactly what mine does on 1 black batt and 1 of my pink one's...
I usually wedge some paper around it to help hold mine .
Ya know, it may be a difference in sizing between batts or even the charger. Even a smallest amount of size difference in manufacturing could be enough to throw things off in our case with the 901's or Rob's with the 510.
That was brilliant, Wench :cool:
I can't imagine why I didn't think of that..... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread