901 troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Hi Undying... I've been using just a 901 for over a year so I hope I can help you figure this out. I too have had the possessed battery issue, one I was able to fix and the other I just had to give to a friend for parts. First I suggest you try straightening out one end of a paper clip and inserting it just slightly into the little hole at the atomizer end. Pull up gently, does it move a bit? Work your way around the circle pulling up a tiny bit as you go. The idea here is that sometimes this piece will get pushed in and not make a good enough connection with the atomizer. Now do the same thing to your atomizer. Next get some alcohol and a qtip and clean all around the connection points and where the threads are that screw together. Put it back together and try to vape, does it still flash? If not, great! If so....
Next I would try making sure you are charging it correctly. When you push the battery into the charger instead of turning it clockwise right off the bat, turn it a little counter clockwise til you feel it kind of set itself, it clicks down into place. Kind of like screwing on a jar lid, sometimes you have to go backwards to get it started right. Now turn it the right way. The charger light should turn red and the battery should flash 5 times. If it does it is charging. I don't take my batteries off as soon as the light turns green either. I leave them on for about 8 hours every time I charge them. Did that fix the problem? If yes, great! If not....
Ok, next we start to wonder if the charger itself has gone bad. This turned out to be my problem, by the way. It is always a good idea to have a new charger on hand just in case. If you don't have one, get one asap! If you do, then now is the time to break it out and see if your battery starts behaving again after you've charged it in the new charger.
One last thing to try for crazy blinking battery syndrome is matching it up with a different atomizer. I don't know how many parts you have but try that battery on every atomizer you have and see if it behaves the same way. Some batteries and atomizers just seem to be good partners and others don't. I was going through all my supplies tonight and found one battery I had didn't work at all on one atomizer but worked great on a different one. And yes, they are all 901 parts but probably different manufacturers.
I hope you don't have to toss it and that one of these tips helps you. The one battery that I had that I finally gave up on was still blinking away in the trash can the next day!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread