A Challenge, an Offer, and Pay it Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

momojojo

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2010
Singapore
Steve,

I like how your avatar is of someone vaping in the airline toilet... hahaha...
I admire your kind generosity. I'm not sure if you have hit your quota of 10 PIFs but anyway I thought I'll just give it a try...

I first started smoking during my early teenage years, started off experimenting, and slowly I found myself hooked to it.
It's been 10 years now (I'm 24) and I'm going through 1 pack per day. Tried to quit several times but failed miserably. The longest I've ever been off the sticks was 3 weeks. Tried everything from nicotine patches to chewing tobacco, to abstinence but I guess nothing really works unless I get my oral fix.

I was introduced to e-cigs through a link on youtube. Thought this technology was amazing. After looking through this forum and other reviews, I was almost ready to order! However, here comes the catch. I realised that these things are not legal in my country, and they could be held up and disposed or sent back by customs. I read a few stories of fellow my countrymen who managed to get lucky, but I also came across a few posts where some had their packages disposed by the govt. Being a college student, the only way I could afford one of these was to mass order the cheapest e-cigs from a chinese website, and share the costs with a few friends. However, all of my buddies were unwilling to risk losing their cash over something that they thought wasn't worth the trouble.

In a way, I would like to prove them wrong, and show them that it IS worth the risks and trouble shipping one of these in, because I could almost see myself being free of analogs. To me, breaking this 10 year habit would be my greatest achievement in life.

Well with that being said, I guess for me even if my package doesn't make it to me, I would be most willing to bless another 2 peeps or more 2 months later when I finally graduate (i've already been offered a job even before graduating :) ), coz i really believe this technology saves lifes, even if not mine.

Well anyway thanks to whoever is reading my lengthy post! I've been so addicted to reading posts that I have hardly posted much myself lol!

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Hi momojojo,

Well the eGo definitely shows up on xrays quite obviously as I found out last week coming out of Singapore, fortunately it was just the security guys and they didn't know/care about ecigs. Let me think about this for a bit. Do you have any idea what the success rate of getting eCigs into Singapore through the Post? Are their certain models that have a higher success rate? What about the eJuice?

Cheers,

CB

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Yesterday I had the opportunity to demonstrate my 510 to my live-ins mother when she came over to see the grandbaby. I let her try it out with some Swedish Fish from Vapor Renu and she really liked it. She is over 65, and had been trying to quit smoking again. I sent her home with a kit I made up for her. Now I'm waiting to see how it goes!

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
I wanted to let you know that my mother is checking the mail every day so excited to receive her package~! I left her with one of my KR808 a couple days ago while I was at work and she only smoked 7 cigs in 8 hours~! That is phenomonal for her. She is very grateful, but not computer savvy so she asked me to pass along her thanks.

Lynlee

momojojo

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2010
Singapore
From the posts I have gone through, there are many successful cases of vapers in SG receiving their Janty eGo. Those whose packages didnt get through were mostly the penstyles as well as the KR8 and joye510. Will further my research and see what I can find. As for e-juices, I haven't been able to find enough to generate a conclusion. Will probably go through this massive forum further to see what I can find.

You were in SG last week? For business I assume? Did your e-juices give you any problems going through customs? Glad to hear you didn't get into any trouble... :)

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Hi Steve, just wanted to update you on Mike and Rick. Mike is full on vaping, no analogs in 10 days, YAY! Rick (CalicoPost's boyfriend) picked up his PV at the PO on Monday and is about 50/50 at this point, which means he is smoking 50% less, YAY again! I set Mike's wife Nicole up with a spare eGo until they can afford to purchase her one and she is 3 days no analogs, YAY a third time :). So, because of your generosity, that's 3 more on their way to a healthier lifestyle!
Mike and Rick will update you soon, neither have internet access at their homes so they have to use the internet while on a visit to someone who has a connection. They'll both be by this weekend, so you should hear from them by then.
Thanks ~ Lanette

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Thanks for the update Lanette, Love to hear about the successes of people! Get them in here and posting their experiences!

Mutt, we have a number 10 and potentially 11 on board...number 10 has PM'd me, but she and the person she is sponsoring haven't shown up here yet...so still waiting on that. The Potential number 11 is momojojo and is in Singapore...which poses its own challenges. As I am in singapore often, I am considering options that may bypass some issues, but not be a true PIF. So the next ones after that will be you!

again thank you Mutt, i really appreciate you jumping on the bandwagon and I am sure other new vapors will as well!

cheers,

Steve

scubasteve25

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
texas
Thanks for the update Lanette, Love to hear about the successes of people! Get them in here and posting their experiences!

Mutt, we have a number 10 and potentially 11 on board...number 10 has PM'd me, but she and the person she is sponsoring haven't shown up here yet...so still waiting on that. The Potential number 11 is momojojo and is in Singapore...which poses its own challenges. As I am in singapore often, I am considering options that may bypass some issues, but not be a true PIF. So the next ones after that will be you!

again thank you Mutt, i really appreciate you jumping on the bandwagon and I am sure other new vapors will as well!

cheers,

Steve

hey steve, was wondering where we stand on getting luna on the vapetrain, havent heard back from you in a while. we have just been busy handling our kids, so shes not on that much

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
To All so far,

I just want to say I appreciate and understand your enthusiasm. Vaping is such an amazing gift to all smokers. That is why I started this PIF thread so I really hope to hear about your successes, and your failures so we can, as a community, help you get away, or reduce the amount of analogues you smoke.

I feel the real benefit from this will be when everyone realizes the difference it has made to their lives and then pays it forward to two more....and two more...and two more.... A year from now we should have close to a hundred new people who may have not had the chance...and that is great!

So forget about saying thank you to me. I want to say thank you to you for participating. You are not only working to change your life, but will also be positively impacting the lives of so many others!

As an exponential curve the beginning few are so important to ensure the gift is spread!

Thanks to all!

steve

Last edited:

lilniki

Aug 30, 2010
Florida
CB, what fabulous idea! I have only started vaping a couple of weeks ago and believe that this is really a great way to go. I have had a few false starts but will not let it keep me down. I am currently stalking the mailman waiting for my newest order which inadvertently includes an extra 510 starter kit in hopes that I might be able to PIF in my neck of the woods. I am attending an engagement party this weekend where I know there will be multiple smokers. So, my hopes are that I can get the ball rolling with them just by mingling and saying "you think thats neat huh? I just happen to have an extra with a bunch of flavors in my bag!"
Kudos Cb and lets keep this thread going!!

Jurassica Parks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
Indiana
Hey guys, I'm Kate. My momma is supposed to be number 10! I just called her begging her to get on the dang forum and get her post count up so she can post here. (She made one post so far. Her name is "PMKELLY") She's in NY and I'm in Indiana, we're both busy all the time, so it isn't easy...to make matters worse, her laptop is broken..awesome. So I asked if she could borrow my little brother's computer for like an hour this evening. She's supposed to be calling me tonight so I can tell her how to get her count up and get to this forum.

The cool thing is, she's totally up for paying it forward to someone else. She vapes, but with a crappy pv she got at the farmers market a few weeks ago. She was in Indiana last month and got to try my 510s. It's definitely been hard trying to explain this stuff to her through emails and over the phone. I'm really glad that she gets to be a part of this. She just turned 50 and has been smoking since she was probably 16? When I was growing up, she actually worked for Marlboro as a salesperson. (Yep, my brother and I had Marlboro backpacks.) My grandma, her mother...died of lung cancer in '96. We loved her more than anything..I'm so happy to know that my momma is changing her life..and maybe I don't have to lose a momma to lung cancer...or end up that way myself. I love all of you guys on the forum so much. I can usually be found in the "chit chattin' away" thread on PIF if anyone ever wants to see how it's going.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread