A Couple Issues With Halo Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

athousandyears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Texas
I've had the starter kit for a little over a week now and have a few issues. The first is a burnt taste. At first I was letting the liquid get as low as 1/2 full but after reading up, saw that you should keep the tank at at least 2 mL. This just seems odd to me. Why have a 2.4 mL tank if you have to refill every .4 mL? Sorry if that's a noob question. I've ordered a Kanger vGo T3 that is hopefully compatible with the Triton battery. If anyone has any info on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

The next is the gurgling. After I top it off, it gurgles. I try really hard not to overfill. What I have noticed is that when I'm removing the tip to refill, I can see liquid in the stem. Before I take it off, though, it is not gurgling. Could it be that there is liquid in the tip and as I take it off it rolls back into the stem? Also, sorry if I'm not using the right terminology. Maybe you can decipher what I mean :laugh:.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
i am new at vaping and also bought the triton kit but have had no issues with it. don`t fill it past the 2,4 marker and draw slow and easy. is it possible you got some juice in the center tube? you want to only put juice in the outer chamber. the threads on halo`s are different than most other accessories i believe. hope this helps.

joefisch330

Sep 10, 2013
Erie, PA
I am pretty new to the vaping scene too, but here is what I have to offer you from the research I have done:

You certainly don't have to keep a minimum of 2 mL in your tank, that would just be silly. I do however suggest that when your tank starts to get around there simply make sure the tops of your wicks are staying wet. That should prevent you from burning your wicks. It sounds like you might have already burnt them a little. (You can tell by looking at the wick and seeing if there is a burnt spot.) I suggest trying a new coil setup and making sure those wicks are wet all the way to the top.

As far as your gurgling goes, I haven't seen anyone with gurgling problems and I have done a solid 3 days of research. (I have read almost every halo triton thread out there). Be careful not to over fill. the liquid settles a little as you are putting it in your tank, so when filling stop at about 2.2 mL and it should settle out to be perfectly full.

Try cleaning your tank and coil setup and look for burns on the wicks, if you see burns you will likely continue to get the burned taste and I would just replace them. Also cleaning the coil should get any liquid out of the stem. There are plenty of triton cleaning videos on youtube.

Good luck!

athousandyears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Texas
I am pretty new to the vaping scene too, but here is what I have to offer you from the research I have done:

You certainly don't have to keep a minimum of 2 mL in your tank, that would just be silly. I do however suggest that when your tank starts to get around there simply make sure the tops of your wicks are staying wet. That should prevent you from burning your wicks. It sounds like you might have already burnt them a little. (You can tell by looking at the wick and seeing if there is a burnt spot.) I suggest trying a new coil setup and making sure those wicks are wet all the way to the top.

As far as your gurgling goes, I haven't seen anyone with gurgling problems and I have done a solid 3 days of research. (I have read almost every halo triton thread out there). Be careful not to over fill. the liquid settles a little as you are putting it in your tank, so when filling stop at about 2.2 mL and it should settle out to be perfectly full.

Try cleaning your tank and coil setup and look for burns on the wicks, if you see burns you will likely continue to get the burned taste and I would just replace them. Also cleaning the coil should get any liquid out of the stem. There are plenty of triton cleaning videos on youtube.

Good luck!

I've cleaned the tank several times and replaced the coil. I know I burned a wick early on. I replaced the coil and was good until the tank got to about 1/2 full. Then it started to taste burnt again. I wonder if it is the juice I am using. It seems like the ones doing it have chocolate in them. Thanks for the info!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
The Triton (aka Kanger T2) requires twirling, to keep the wicks wet. If you do it right, you can run the tank dry.

Yeah, some flavors, like coffee, tend to gum up the atomizer. Sometimes it's not bad; your e-liquid will turn dark, as the gummed up coils leech back into the tank. Others will gum up badly, so you have to wash the atomizer assembly after each refill, or replace the atomizer completely. That's not unique to Triton; a tough juice is tough on any tank.

Condensation can form in the tube, which would leak back to the battery, but if it's just condensation, that's fine. If it's juice... that's another problem; you need to pull the plastic sleeve down a bit further (it stretches). Once your atomizer is warmed up, you should be good to go. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread