Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
... about my new Provari.

First off, I'm absolutely loving it. But, like any mod I own, I want to protect it from harm's way and the treacheries of a harsh world. So I have a few questions about the durability and longevity.

First is about the 510 connection. The threads are stainless, so I'm not worried about those. But the center pin... is it fairly fixed, or do I have to worry about atomizers pushing it down? Everything I've screwed onto it fits fairly snug, so I feel like it's more fixed than perhaps previous versions.

Second is the finish. I have the zombie edition, and I'm wondering how durable the ceramic coating is in general. I treat all of my mods with care, I just want to know how careful I should be with my Provari to keep the finish nice. Will it start to chip if badly scratched? Will it eventually wear down just from normal use? The only time my mods ever fall is from the sofa onto the carpet... usually because I fall asleep with them in my lap. :) I'm used to bare metal finishes that I can polish and touch up, so having one I can't fix makes me nervous! haha

Third is... can you use a Provari too much? Because I think I'm playing with and using mine too much so far... on second thought, nah, I don't think you can.;)

Besides general cleaning, are there any other general suggestions to keep my Provari in tip top shape throughout the long life it's sure to spend with me?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I wondered about the pin too, and curious what longer term owners say - but I have NOT seen it pushed down once, and I'm pretty sure I've thrown on ProTanks that DID push down pins on a VAMO...
I'm thinking it's just "solid" - not spring-loaded, but strong enough to just stop you from threading something hard enough to move it.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I've never had an issue with the center pin... I've had both a V1 and a V2.5, both of them have been superb. I doubt you'll ever have an issue with the top cap or the 510 threads... They are pretty tough...

The finish will hold up well if all it's ever hitting is carpet. The satin silver tends to wear off over time (a LONG time) and I have seen some folks with black that shows some signs of wear over a long period... As with anything coated or painted, you have to take care of it. As long as your not dragging it from a rope behind a moving vehicle, it should be good for a long time to come.

The ProVari does have thermal overload protection built in, so if you DO use it too much, and it gets too hot, it will stop firing until it is back down to a temperature that is safe. :D

There are two things I do fairly regularly... One, I clean out my 510 connector every time I swap out cartomizers, which is about once per week. I grab a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol, dip the q-tip in the alcohol and swab it around inside the connector. Then I take a dry q-tip and make sure it's all clean and dry. If you get little leaks into your connector, this will help to make sure you don't get any nasty gunk built up on the center pin. The next thing I do is clean the threads regularly and apply a light coating of noalox. This keeps things buttery smooth.

I mean, if you're gonna spend $200 on a little vaping device, I would expect most folks are willing to give it a bit more love and attention than one that only cost $25... :D

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
... about my new Provari.

First off, I'm absolutely loving it. But, like any mod I own, I want to protect it from harm's way and the treacheries of a harsh world. So I have a few questions about the durability and longevity.

First is about the 510 connection. The threads are stainless, so I'm not worried about those. But the center pin... is it fairly fixed, or do I have to worry about atomizers pushing it down? Everything I've screwed onto it fits fairly snug, so I feel like it's more fixed than perhaps previous versions.

Second is the finish. I have the zombie edition, and I'm wondering how durable the ceramic coating is in general. I treat all of my mods with care, I just want to know how careful I should be with my Provari to keep the finish nice. Will it start to chip if badly scratched? Will it eventually wear down just from normal use? The only time my mods ever fall is from the sofa onto the carpet... usually because I fall asleep with them in my lap. :) I'm used to bare metal finishes that I can polish and touch up, so having one I can't fix makes me nervous! haha

Third is... can you use a Provari too much? Because I think I'm playing with and using mine too much so far... on second thought, nah, I don't think you can.;)

Besides general cleaning, are there any other general suggestions to keep my Provari in tip top shape throughout the long life it's sure to spend with me?

I have never seen the finish on a ProVari chip, but it can be scratched. A fall on the carpet won't do it, the ones I've seen have fallen on concrete or asphalt, etc., surfaces than would bang up just about anything. For added protection, I keep all of mine in Serenity flexi-sleeves (I prefer the flexi, but there are regular sleeves too).

SerenityGear Leather - Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread