A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cle440

Sep 30, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
So I ordered UltraFire 3.7 batteries before I knew the risks. They work but drain fast and now I realize how they can be harmful. I wen ahead and ordered Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2500mAh 35 Amp Flat Top Battery. I get that is safer chemistry, but is it actually safe?

Also, do you think I would be okay using the UltraFire for about a week if I keep it highly charged and use low settings on my iTaste SVD? Only using it at night a little and in the car.

The UltraFire says it has re/discharging protection but is that true.

Last edited:

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
The Safety Factor in using the IMR/Hybrid chemistry efest is that if it does have a problem and vents, it is going to vent hot gas and not flames.

The UltraFire batteries are ICR chemistry and will vent flames.

The Efest battery is a better choice all around.

The protection circuity in the Ultrafire batteries is not a great failsafe as if it does not work, it simply will let the battery function in "unprotected" mode.

luckily, the SVD has built in short protection and over discharge protection built in.

Safe to use? Not really. I don't know the exact specs of your ultrafire batteries but I would not push them by using your SVD at maximum settings until you get your new batteries.

Cle440

Sep 30, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
The Safety Factor in using the IMR/Hybrid chemistry efest is that if it does have a problem and vents, it is going to vent hot gas and not flames.

The UltraFire batteries are ICR chemistry and will vent flames.

The Efest battery is a better choice all around.

The protection circuity in the Ultrafire batteries is not a great failsafe as if it does not work, it simply will let the battery function in "unprotected" mode.

luckily, the SVD has built in short protection and over discharge protection built in.

Safe to use? Not really. I don't know the exact specs of your ultrafire batteries but I would not push them by using your SVD at maximum settings until you get your new batteries.

If I keep the amps low, 2ish, I feel I should be safe for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread