A little help for first time DIY juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offensetaken

Jun 2, 2013
Maricopa, AZ
Hoping to get a little help from some of those pros here with my first time at DIY juice.

I have read all the stickies and done quite a bit of research. Got my first order today from WL and a fairly large order it was.

I'm copying and pasting my order to make it easier for all that may be of assistance!

60mg Nicotine solution - 120ml
- Carrier Base Liquid: 100% USP Propylene G..
- Child Resistant Cap: Add
Propylene Glycol - 250ml
Vegetable Glycerin - 250ml
Ethyl Maltol 10% PG Solution (TFA)
Menthol Liquid 10% Solution PG (WL)
American Red tobacco Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Blueberry Candy TFA Flavor
Caramel Original TFA Flavor
Raspberry Sweet Flavor (TFA)
Butterscotch Flavor (TFA)
Coffee Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Captain Black tobacco Flavor (SM)
Light Brand Tobacco Flavor (SM)
Mtype Premium Tobacco Flavor (TFA)
Graham Cracker Flavor (TFA)
Tobacco Absolute Blend PG ( TFA )
Strawberry Ripe Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
English Toffee Flavor (TFA)
20ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts
10ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts
14ga Blunt Tip Luer-Lock Needle 1.5" - Quantity Discounts
20ga Blunt Tip Luer-Lock Needle 1.5" - Quantity Discounts
3ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts
30ml Amber Glass Bottle w/ Polycone Cap
60ml Amber Glass Bottle w/ Polycone Cap
30ml LDPE Dropper Bottle with Child Resist Cap
Absinthe Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Hazelnut Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Lemon Lime Flavor (TFA)
Maraschino Cherry PG Flavor (TFA)
Peach Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Toasted Marshmallow Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Vanilla Swirl Flavor (TFA)
Double Chocolate Clear Flavor (TFA)
Cotton Candy Flavor (TFA)
Tobacco Type Flavor Concentrate (TFA)

So that is my list of flavors that I have as well as Hangsen RY1 and P-nut butter that I got elsewhere since WL was out of PB. I am kinda overwhelmed by my flavor choices but figured if I was gonna start DIYing, I may as well dive right in. :laugh:

Questions are:

The tobacco Absolute says "blend" is it already cut down to 10% and what amount should I start with when adding it to tob. vapes?
I read on WL that it is less than 1% So, maybe a drop or 2 for a 10ml bottle??

Does anyone have good tob. recipe they would like to share or have a good idea where I should start for tob. juice?
I figured I could just mix up the tob. flavors as is and go from there but would like suggestions!

Suggestions or recipes I can mix up with the flavors I have...?

I'm guessing I can just mix up a big bottle of base 50/50 at 24mg so I only have to deal with 60mg nic once? Please correct me if I'm wrong or if it is not a good idea. I have an ejuice calc that I will be using to ensure proper mixing ratios and will be wearing rub. gloves, long sleeves etc. when mixing up my base while using extreme caution and away from my furry friends!

TIA for your help!!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hoping to get a little help from some of those pros here with my first time at DIY juice.

I have read all the stickies and done quite a bit of research. Got my first order today from WL and a fairly large order it was.

I'm copying and pasting my order to make it easier for all that may be of assistance!

60mg Nicotine solution - 120ml
- Carrier Base Liquid: 100% USP Propylene G..
- Child Resistant Cap: Add
Propylene Glycol - 250ml
Vegetable Glycerin - 250ml
Ethyl Maltol 10% PG Solution (TFA)
Menthol Liquid 10% Solution PG (WL)
American Red Tobacco Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Blueberry Candy TFA Flavor
Caramel Original TFA Flavor
Raspberry Sweet Flavor (TFA)
Butterscotch Flavor (TFA)
Coffee Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Captain Black Tobacco Flavor (SM)
Light Brand Tobacco Flavor (SM)
Mtype Premium Tobacco Flavor (TFA)
Graham Cracker Flavor (TFA)
Tobacco Absolute Blend PG ( TFA )
Strawberry Ripe Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
English Toffee Flavor (TFA)
20ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts
10ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts
14ga Blunt Tip Luer-Lock Needle 1.5" - Quantity Discounts
20ga Blunt Tip Luer-Lock Needle 1.5" - Quantity Discounts
3ml Luer Lock Syringe - Quantity Discounts
30ml Amber Glass Bottle w/ Polycone Cap
60ml Amber Glass Bottle w/ Polycone Cap
30ml LDPE Dropper Bottle with Child Resist Cap
Absinthe Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Hazelnut Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Lemon Lime Flavor (TFA)
Maraschino Cherry PG Flavor (TFA)
Peach Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Toasted Marshmallow Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Vanilla Swirl Flavor (TFA)
Double Chocolate Clear Flavor (TFA)
Cotton Candy Flavor (TFA)
Tobacco Type Flavor Concentrate (TFA)

So that is my list of flavors that I have as well as Hangsen RY1 and P-nut butter that I got elsewhere since WL was out of PB. I am kinda overwhelmed by my flavor choices but figured if I was gonna start DIYing, I may as well dive right in. :laugh:

Questions are:

The tobacco Absolute says "blend" is it already cut down to 10% and what amount should I start with when adding it to tob. vapes?
I read on WL that it is less than 1% So, maybe a drop or 2 for a 10ml bottle??

Does anyone have good tob. recipe they would like to share or have a good idea where I should start for tob. juice?
I figured I could just mix up the tob. flavors as is and go from there but would like suggestions!

Suggestions or recipes I can mix up with the flavors I have...?

I'm guessing I can just mix up a big bottle of base 50/50 at 24mg so I only have to deal with 60mg nic once? Please correct me if I'm wrong or if it is not a good idea. I have an ejuice calc that I will be using to ensure proper mixing ratios and will be wearing rub. gloves, long sleeves etc. when mixing up my base while using extreme caution and away from my furry friends!

TIA for your help!!

Wow! You've got a lot of stuff there.

Begin at the beginning.

Grab an empty 10ml bottle.

Put 25 drops of your nic in it.

Get one of your fruit favours. Add about 40 drops.

Like vapour? Fill the rest with vg.

Like flavour?

Half and half, vg & pg.

Shake the bottle. This can be used at once.

Not enough flavour? Add more, drip by drip.

Not enough vapour? More vg..

When you read the forums here you will learn that tobacco flavours take a lot longer to do (in time) and generally much more effort.

You have all the gear - read the forums and enjoy!

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
The TFA blend is tobacco absolute at 10%- I would take your Tobacco Type Flavor and add it to your base at 4% and add your Tobacco Absolute at 1%-

I would then take this mix and set it aside and let it steep for 1-2 weeks, I think you will be happy with it,

If you are interested in tobacco flavors I would also purchase Flavour Art MTS Vape Wizard and add this at 1% to your mixes also for a grand time.

:toast:

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
The place I get my juice from offers 236 ml premixed unflavored nic base for 30 dollars. Their flavorings are 15 ml for 3 dollars. I just wonder if this would save me enough money for me to mix this up myself? I don't have a place to really mix all the different components together. and my vendor is Mt Baker Vapor which is really cheap. I just would like to know if its worth the time to mix it this way?

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
The place I get my juice from offers 236 ml premixed unflavored nic base for 30 dollars. Their flavorings are 15 ml for 3 dollars. I just wonder if this would save me enough money for me to mix this up myself? I don't have a place to really mix all the different components together. and my vendor is Mt Baker Vapor which is really cheap. I just would like to know if its worth the time to mix it this way?

I don't know if it would save you any money, but it is fun!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
What is your final flavored mg desires? For me 25mg was cutting it too close for comfort to come out to 18mg with some sample recipes.
I'm a newb but I was doing the math and decided on 50mg as my storage cut (from 100mg). After messing around with mixing 100% VG I've decided my next nicotine will be 60mg to directly bottle for storage in the future.

Also if you bottle the storage cut into smaller bottles you won't constantly be taking the big bottle out of the freezer and warming it.

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
As a beginning DIYer I'd say just go for it. I have had only 1 failure so far and it was me trying to blend flavors with no real idea how it would turn out. I just try recipes I find on this site (10-15ml batches), let it steep 24 hours then try it in a 501 drip atty. If it needs more steeping I leave it alone for a week. Then I take notes, more this, less that, add this. Works pretty well that way. My advise would be get some syringes and pipettes (I'm looking to get some calibrated 1ml glass droppers but plastic pipettes work). Document everything you do as well. I've got enough flavor and PG/VG to last a year and enough Nicotene to last about 3 years. At the prices I paid for it compared with cigs, I'm not worried about dumping 10ml here and there. At any rate, it does get better every batch!

Offensetaken

Jun 2, 2013
Maricopa, AZ
What is your final flavored mg desires? For me 25mg was cutting it too close for comfort to come out to 18mg with some sample recipes.
I'm a newb but I was doing the math and decided on 50mg as my storage cut (from 100mg). After messing around with mixing 100% VG I've decided my next nicotine will be 60mg to directly bottle for storage in the future.

Also if you bottle the storage cut into smaller bottles you won't constantly be taking the big bottle out of the freezer and warming it.

I'm wanting my final nic level to right around 18 mg. I mixed up my base at 18 mg and figured adding flavor it may come down to 15% or so depending on amount of flavoring I add.

My next batch or base I will prob mix at 20-22% so I'm closer to 18% mg after flavoring is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread