Status
Not open for further replies.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I bought my first set up in June--being a total newby --I just bought what was suggested for my goal to give up smoking completely! The people at the B&M I used were very helpful, however I know I bought things I did not need that day as far as equipment. An ego pass through--a vision spinner -- two little ego small batteries that work with the blu system--which I purchased and have never even opened. And LOTS of juice.

This particular store carried 5 Pawns ( which I know has caused some discussion here) Halo and some other flavors. I purchased all 5 flavors of the 5 Pawns--5 different Halo flavors--and some other flavors in little plastic bottles. I did try these in the store and they appealed to me.

I may be doing something wrong--but only the really strong flavors have any taste at all for me. 5 Pawns and Halo --everything else seems to have no taste at all.

Maybe I just ruined my taste buds with all the years of smoking...

I have been smoke free since June so I thought by now I would begin to taste some of the other juices that I have purchased. Not so far.

Today I went and purchased a Vamo 3 with a Protank 2--thinking that this would be a better set up for flavor. I went to a different Vape store and at the time--purchased 3 of their flavors that they were raving about. Came home set it all up with their flavor and nothing...--no flavor really.

Am I doing something wrong with voltage etc. to cause this?

I am going to empty the tank and go back to one of the strong flavors and see if the Vamo 3 with the pro tank rocks that. So far very disappointed.

For the money that I have spent on juice that I think has no flavor--I could have re-stocked the 5 Pawn & Halo that I know I like. I just wanted to get away from the expensive and find something with a lower price that rocked.

Any suggestions or advice?

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Besides the Protank, what are you putting your juice in? What voltage are you using on the Vamo? These two factors could be part of the problem, but I doubt it. I personally find that the Protank (at least version 1) lacks flavor and TH, though it is good for vapor. Also, some juices like more power, some less.

What you are probably experiencing is the normal search for the right juice(s). It's really an adventure for most everybody I think. I know I'm pretty picky, maybe 1 in 5 juices do I like. Maybe 1 in 15 do I love. Like many on ECF, I've spent a lot of money for juice I didn't like. You might want to try Mount Baker Vapor, as their prices are great and they have many good flavors. It'll still be hit or miss for you, but a much cheaper hit or miss. Plus, if you spend over $15 (before shipping) they send you a free 15ml sample.

Try steeping your liquid. Give it a few good shakes and let it sit uncapped at room-temperature for a few hours. Some of the more stubborn flavors (tobacco, I think) need to steep longer- sometimes for weeks, even, before they really shine.

Google image search the "ohm vaping chart" which gives you rough guidelines for how much voltage is too much or too little for the atomizer in your Kanger. Going above and below it is up to you; it's all about preference.

Also, it's a good idea to let your juice soak into the coils of your tank before giving it a shot. Sometimes, with new tanks or atomizer heads, it takes a good tank and a half before it really impresses.

I had a Vamo V2 and a Protank 1, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Hope things work out for you!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Taste buds can be a royal pain. It does take some time to really get back to fully tasting things and even then it can go wrong.
To much of one flavor and you loose the taste.
Vapors tongue - nothing has much taste.

Play with the Vamos power just a bit at a time. If you hit a bit of burnt taste back off. If not bump up a bit more.
Finding the right Power for best delivery can make a huge difference.

Try drinking some lemon-aid to help clear the palette.

Protank is not a great flavor booster. Good Tank but not stellar. a T2 top wick will produce a warmer more flavor filled vape, though less convenient.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
....and try SAMPLES!!!!! Very inexpensive way to try a little bit of everything. And you might try having something on hand to sweeten something that just might not quite hit the spot. There's other tips in the DIY forum about adding a drop of this or that to make flavors get that "pop" or smooth out the rough edges.
Here's 2 threads, one I was unaware of, and another I started last week.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/439892-suppliers-sampler-juice.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/461537-i-want-buy-e-liquid-samples-whos-got-them.html

The only other thing that hasn't been mentioned is drinking WATER. Lots of water.(And when you brush your teeth, hit your tongue while you're at it!):laugh:

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
I agree with everyone else, here is a link to the ohm chart mentioned above:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

When I first started, I needed to alternate my juices during the day in order to taste anything and then of course I got the dreaded Vapers tongue and couldn't taste anything, it did eventually go away and drinking lots of water really helps, we all need to drink water as vaping is dehydrating. Also some vendors offer a double shot of flavoring, I'm pretty sure Mount Baker Vapor does.....this might help. Finding juices you like is probably one of the hardest things about vaping, I have a box full of flavors I just don't like, hang in there..things will improve. :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I was in your shoes when I first started vaping, and couldn't really taste much of anything. Back then eGo-T tanks might have been the latest but they sure weren't the greatest. :rolleyes: Different delivery systems will effect taste differently.
    Now I find most flavors almost to strong, and have to dilute them down. It simply takes time for taste buds to recover from years of smoking.
    To help with it drink lots of water, and change flavors frequently.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    All solid advice above , I've had vapor's tongue off and on for a while so I switch flavors frequently in the course of a day and use strong citrus flavors when I can't taste anything else, just hang on it gets better .

Just curious, you said you had it off and on for awhile, was the longest the first time you had it? I'm seriously about to cry. I've only been vaping for 3 1/2 weeks. I had vapors tongue after my first week for 9 days. I was back in action and got it again today! :confused:

And to the OP, drink a ton of h20, lightly brush tongue w/toothpaste, try Biotene (I have gel) and switch up flavors. Although, even doing that, I've got it again. It's so frustrating but I will NOT smoke analogs. Good thing I just ordered and got yesterday unflavored nic juice. I have no idea how long this is going to last, AGAIN! :mad::(

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread