A noob with a few questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bqcadillac

Jan 17, 2010
Layton, Ut, USA
As being a noob to vaping and this being my first post I hope I'm not asking a dumb question. I've searched the forums and couldn't find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I've been a smoker for about 19 years and I just started vaping on 1/8/10 the first e-cig I bought is a 510 by Innovapor with 1 bat, 3 carts, and 1 atty with a pcc. The 3 carts were pre-filled I ended up using all 3 carts within 2 days and I didn't get any satisfaction from that. I bought it at a local smoke shop here in Utah. I ended up buying a different e-cig on 1/10/10 it's the Smoke 51 Duo it came with 2 bat's and 2 cartomizer's. With the 51 Duo it gave me the same satisfaction as the analog's did.

So my question is should I buy any e-liquid from the smoke shop or online and give the 510 another shot or should I just stick with the Smoke 51 Duo? Any help would be appreciated.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
Welcome to the forums. As to your question, this is what I say, do what works best for you. If you are having success with the 51, then I say use it. I am a 510 user myself, but I started with a Blu. It didn't work, so I found something better and that was the 510. If you find that the 51 is suited better for you then that is how it is. The main goal here is to get away from smoking analogs. If you find that using the 51 allows you to do this...I say more power to you and run with it. :thumbs:

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
BQ-

GypsyGirl offers good advice. What works for one (many different hardware & juice combinations) - may come up a little short for another. It's just kinda' what happens.

But I'd have to suggest that if you've got a Joye510 (I checked Innovapor's website..and that's what I see) ... and presuming it's working properly...then I'd say you've got a plenty-worthy device for sure.

So it's probably useful to talk about 'juice' ... cuz that's equally important!

You mentioned the original carts didn't offer much satisfaction. -- I'd have to wonder what 'juice' they were filled with. Was there anything on their packaging indicating what nicotine-strength they were? The lack of 'satisfaction' you report.. may have more to do with the quality of the juice you were vaping. I've found that the stuff put into pre-filled carts never seemed as good as the bottled juice.

I'd recommend you not write off the J510 too quickly. If it's working properly and you get your hands on some decent juice (at a strength that's suitable for your own needs) .. then you'll most likely find (as many others have) it to be quite a capably satisfying PV. -- In time you may very well want to explore some other devices AND juices; but J510 has probably earned an overall reputation as being one of the best for starting out.

-- Get some good juice and I'll bet you'll grow very fond of the J510.

cheers,
fisch

bqcadillac

Jan 17, 2010
Layton, Ut, USA
BQ-

GypsyGirl offers good advice. What works for one (many different hardware & juice combinations) - may come up a little short for another. It's just kinda' what happens.

But I'd have to suggest that if you've got a Joye510 (I checked Innovapor's website..and that's what I see) ... and presuming it's working properly...then I'd say you've got a plenty-worthy device for sure.

So it's probably useful to talk about 'juice' ... cuz that's equally important!

You mentioned the original carts didn't offer much satisfaction. -- I'd have to wonder what 'juice' they were filled with. Was there anything on their packaging indicating what nicotine-strength they were? The lack of 'satisfaction' you report.. may have more to do with the quality of the juice you were vaping. I've found that the stuff put into pre-filled carts never seemed as good as the bottled juice.

I'd recommend you not write off the J510 too quickly. If it's working properly and you get your hands on some decent juice (at a strength that's suitable for your own needs) .. then you'll most likely find (as many others have) it to be quite a capably satisfying PV. -- In time you may very well want to explore some other devices AND juices; but J510 has probably earned an overall reputation as being one of the best for starting out.

-- Get some good juice and I'll bet you'll grow very fond of the J510.

cheers,
fisch

Yea it's the J510 and there was no indication on what type of juice the carts were pre-filled with. Would buying juice online be better then buying in a smoke shop? Thanks for the reply.

bqcadillac

Jan 17, 2010
Layton, Ut, USA
Well, unless you are just buying cartomizers then tossing them when empty, you're gonna need juice anyway, so why not try both options? I only just started trying cartomizers, and they are cool so far. I use an adapter so they fit on all my 510 mods, so I still switch back and forth.

The cartomizers I have are for my Smoke51. Thanks for the info.

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
Yea it's the J510 and there was no indication on what type of juice the carts were pre-filled with. Would buying juice online be better then buying in a smoke shop? Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the tardy reply!

But YES! -- I would certainly think so. -- The online suppliers are far more likely (IMO) to carry juices that are good. I suppose a smoke-shop could carry a line of decent juice.... but if such products aren't actually the center-point of their business sales... then the impetus (motivation) to ensure their peripheral e-liquid juice products are top-notch.... can't possible be as compelling to them as it would be for most e-cig oriented suppliers. -- At least that's the logic I would depend on.

I would encourage anyone to check out the numerous postings from other ECF members in the the E-Liquid-Reviews section here:
E-Liquid Reviews - E-Cigarette Forum

cheers,
fisch

bqcadillac

Jan 17, 2010
Layton, Ut, USA
Sorry for the tardy reply!

But YES! -- I would certainly think so. -- The online suppliers are far more likely (IMO) to carry juices that are good. I suppose a smoke-shop could carry a line of decent juice.... but if such products aren't actually the center-point of their business sales... then the impetus (motivation) to ensure their peripheral e-liquid juice products are top-notch.... can't possible be as compelling to them as it would be for most e-cig oriented suppliers. -- At least that's the logic I would depend on.

cheers,
fisch

No prob. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread