A Place For Noobs To Do Reviews Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I will start by saying I'm a noob and have no clue what I'm doing half the time on the forums... and with that we're off!!!

CAUTION: 1. Some reviews are paid for by the vendor and therefore may not represent a truly independent view of the product. In some cases they are a form of advertising - and adverts don't tell you what is wrong with the product.
2. Reviewers' websites may contain affiliate links, and an enthusiastic review might lead you to click a link and then purchase the product.This results in paying a fee to the reviewer (called an affiliate commission). While most reviews may be accurate and independent, we cannot guarantee this is always the case.
3. Honest reviews always flag up faults - because no product is perfect.
4. No review of a brand new product just received by a reviewer can be considered accurate: faults may not show up for a few days.

Ok, I see, So I should lie then about my honest opinion in reviews in order to make them more believable and honest, So saying I had it for a few weeks and then make up a flaw altering my honest opinion would make it look like a real honest review?

Wish I had seen this before I did my Noob review, I definitely would have lied more and changed alot about my honest opinions...

Hahaha, I'm just kidding. I understand why that statement is there, but to be honest I believe it to be more destructive than productive for me as a noob... As now I'm wishing I didn't do a fresh out of the box review and make myself look like a bigger noob than I already am... But this is why there should be a "Noob Review".

Personally I like a first impression review and I would have called it "A First Impression Review" But seeing as where it was moved to guess it still wouldn't have helped and if I wasn't a noob and knew what I was doing on the forums. (I'm not as upset as this makes me look) Just feel a little embarrassed and blindsided by the advisory and how my review looked to me after this was all pointed out.

I wouldn't be feeling so awkward if it had said something like this in a forum or sub-forum or whatever for "Noob Reviews"...
"Please be advised these reviews were done by new members of ECF and the reviews on products done here may not be as accurate as reviews done by veteran members with more experience in reviewing products"
Or something along them lines.
Yes I know, Us noobs are never happy, lol

CAUTION: This product may turn into a dinosaur and eat your cat, Please be advised!!!

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Remember, reviews are reviews - Noob or someone that calls themselves a Reviewer ...they are simply one person's opinion.

The Reviews Forum is good as it is :)

little note - a lot of people use a black skin for the forum...changing your font color to black makes it difficult for them to read :)

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Remember, reviews are reviews - Noob or someone that calls themselves a Reviewer ...they are simply one person's opinion.

The Reviews Forum is good as it is :)

little note - a lot of people use a black skin for the forum...changing your font color to black makes it difficult for them to read :)

It's ok I'll get over it.
The Reviews Forum is good as it is:) and so is my font color :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread