Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
Hey guys,

I just had a minor situation. I responded to Lodzin, using someone else's name, because I got a couple offers confused. (Seems to be my week for confusion).

When you reply to a PIF offer that I make, will you please quote the offer in your PM? This will help me keep things straight. I have sent out something like a dozen packages in the last two weeks, and I'm starting to mess up, I think. So, when you reply with your name/address, please also quote the offer. Thanks.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
You might also want to add to the above that you're blind. Some people might not know that and just think you're a little goofy. And although that certainly does apply in your case, that blind thing is worth mentioning too. ;) By the way, I got you atomizer and 3ml juice sample in the mail today. Sorry for the delay. I totally blame the ice. Stupid ice.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
@ BiancaMontgomery....

Goofy?

I resemble that remark.

LOL

It's not so much that I'm blind though. Seriously. It's more about being disorganized and trying to keep too many plates spinning most of the time. As I said, between TC, PIF, and getting friends set up with starter kits, I've sent out several packages over the last 3 weeks. I try and keep track, but sometimes I forget.

Yeah, the blindness does have an effect. I can't read return address labels without help, and I'm still sniffing the juices (oh my!) to determine what I am about to vape...
I've also made a lot of purchases online, and I've gotten to the point that I can't even keep my orders straight.
I've ordered the wrong thing from suppliers about six times since I started vaping. Well, watch the TC thread... there's about to be a Blind Man's Buying Blunder Bonanza aimed at new members.

Hey, I dare you...

Try to say "Blind Man's Buying Blunder Bonanza" fast, five times.

<wink>

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Hey guys,

I just had a minor situation. I responded to Lodzin, using someone else's name, because I got a couple offers confused. (Seems to be my week for confusion).

When you reply to a PIF offer that I make, will you please quote the offer in your PM? This will help me keep things straight. I have sent out something like a dozen packages in the last two weeks, and I'm starting to mess up, I think. So, when you reply with your name/address, please also quote the offer. Thanks.

:) At least you have a valid excuse :) Being blind is something that people can see.. and therefore validate as an 'excuse' or 'reason'. My illnesses (or afflictions) are invisible.
I just come off looking like a total fruit cake :laugh:

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Oh I don't know, Leanne. There are some real meanies around here... <wink> LOL

Blindness should never be an excuse. Seriously, to me that's a lot like me saying to you, "I'm going to give Leannebug a pass, because she's a woman..." Get it? My only *real* excuse is that I can be a bone-haid sometimes, very disorganized and trying to do too many things at one time.

Today I pulled a real bad one. I was cleaning the bathroom, using plenty of chlorine bleach. I even dumped some in the toilet bowl to remove some rust stains that I just *know* are there.

Didn't think of it, and added The Works toilet bowl cleaner. That wasn't a blind thing...it was a very dangerous, stupid thing. I can't even vape today; my lungs sorta hurt and the smell is still quite prevalent in the house. Oh sure, as soon as I smelled the deadly chlorine gas, I flushed the toilet and ran from the room, turning on the fart fan on my way out. A few minutes later, I grabbed a huge breath and ran quickly back into the bathroom to open the window.

I can't blame that on being blind, anymore than I can blame bad relationships, poorly done work or any of the other sins I commit in my day-to-day life. Blindness is something I try to adapt to...a minor inconvenience that requires me to do some things a bit differently than you do.

I'm usually very careful. In nearly 45 years of cooking for myself, I've never seriously burned myself, and I've only cut myself once (dull knife, frozen cheese, quick trip to the E.R.). I safely cross busy streets and have never been mugged, lost a fight or failed to survive a bad drunk. I've never been arrested, I balance my checkbook (once in awhile LOL), pay my taxes, even managing somehow to file the returns on time. I own my home free and clear and manage to maintain it. I vote.

In other words, to repeat....blindness doesn't get me a pass on chit.

Thanks for putting up with me, guys. I am leaving the Forum for awhile, after dealing with a swap I've got going. (PM incoming, Leannebug).

Hugs,

Paul

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Yup, that's what I meant. I needed to air out the house...not a fun prospect on a cold winter's day. Br-r-r. I can still sort of smell the chlorine gas; it smells like old-school insecticide, which I guess is what it was used for. My throat and lungs still hurt. The real drag is that, I just tried to vape some of Missy's Strawberry Cake Slice (KBV). I don't know if the atomizer is just burnt or if it's my taste buds after the bleach+toilet bowl cleaner incident...but I'm tasting burnt metal with strawberry overtones. Helluva thing to do to such good juice. It's also a rotten way to get the first taste. Should have waited, used a new atty or both.

Hey, if you've rinsed, soaked, blown out and then dry burned an atty and it still tastes like sewage, what if anything, can be done about it?

Sorry, Missy. <crying>

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Yep.. sometimes those attys just can't be cleaned! If I use one for a flavor I'm sensitive to (ie: Lime anything!) then into the trash can it goes!!

I'm glad you came back. For a minute there, I thought I had insulted you somehow. I surely hope you don't think I meant ANY disrespect at ALL. I'm handicapped myself. Disabled. Broken. Afllicted. Whatever you want to call it.. or NOT... some people are dead set against labelling themselves as 'handicapped' or 'disabled'. I dont mind.

I have a handicapped tag for my car. I use a cane some days (like this morning!). I own many braces and take a piss-pile of pills, just to make it through the day. I spend most of my days in excrutiating pain. This is just a fact of my life, it's the cards *I* was dealt to live with, but does not in any way define who I am. I am _not_ my disability. It is a huge factor in my life and has a major impact on what I can and cannot do... but it does not make me any less of a person. That is why I do not mind saying I am disabled.. or referring (or joking) about my handicaps... because I give it no importance.

So even though we speak about our bodies, and what they can and cannot do.. differently... I think we view them in a similiar light. I hope I explained that ok? and that you see I meant no disrespect. I think you're a pretty OK guy <insert winky>

-bug

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Ciego, the Master Of Disaster (TM) rides again.

This morning's debacle: Managed to blow up the coffee pot. I had coffee mud all over the kitchen floor. Cause unknown.

Sometimes I think I was born on a bad day. LOL

I hear you about the attys. Last night I finally gave up and popped open a new one; thank goodness I had one on hand. The taste of the strawberry slice cake juice improved immediately, even though my mouth and nose were still full of the smell of the chlorine. This morning however, everything tastes good. I am currently vaping some caramel cappuccino, and it's hitting the spot.

That being said, I'm much more sensitive to TH this morning. The juice I have is 60% PG/40% VG and only 6 mg. nicotine, but I'm coughing every other hit...which I think is a good sign. I'm glad I'm not vaping anything with a really aggressive TH.

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA

This morning's debacle: Managed to blow up the coffee pot. I had coffee mud all over the kitchen floor. Cause unknown.

I hear you about the attys. Last night I finally gave up and popped open a new one; thank goodness I had one on hand. The taste of the strawberry slice cake juice improved immediately, even though my mouth and nose were still full of the smell of the chlorine. This morning however, everything tastes good. I am currently vaping some caramel cappuccino, and it's hitting the spot.

That being said, I'm much more sensitive to TH this morning. The juice I have is 60% PG/40% VG and only 6 mg. nicotine, but I'm coughing every other hit...which I think is a good sign. I'm glad I'm not vaping anything with a really aggressive TH.

i have to admit that i love to read your posts or threads, i tend to get info on what to try not to do thoughout the day(lol, and some other good info too!-)), get a smile on my face, wish that i could meet you in person, and usually get a laugh or two(not at your expense but at your side), hope your day gos a little better!-)

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last

I am glad you are ok and I have to tell you you are cracking me up with your misadventures. I had a very good friend in highschool who was blind and we had a great time torturing the people around us because he was not hung up on his disability nor am I very politically correct. I am a respiratory therapist and you bleach story worried me I am glad you are ok. Coughing is alright especially if it is productive. If you start to have any recurring shortness of breath or you feel any swelling in your throat please go to the Emergency Room right away. Otherwise I think you should be ok. For the record I have a disability to most people just call mine crazy. I hide it well enoug to keep working though and my patients love me. I am medicated and happy and responsible. they need to add a subscribe to screenname link so I can follow you on here.lol.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
@webbcm127 and SmokingRT:

I'm very glad you enjoy my posts/misadventures. RT, thanks very much for the advice. I did call the National Poison Control Center (write down this number: 1-800-222-1222; everyone should have this number next to their phone or in their mobile address book. As I said in my original post, the minute the smeel hit my nose (I was right over the bowl, brushing it out when the bleach and hydrochloric acid-based bowl cleaner reacted), I fled the bathroom, hitting the fart fan switch on the way out. Man, it was nasty...really hurt me for a bit. I'm better today, no shortness of breath, no swelling in the throat, no erectile dysfunction. I should be cool.

I have tentative plans to attend the VapeFest in Vegas; can't make the one in Philly b/c of a full travel schedule in February/March. I have a list of ECF/PIF people whom I really want to meet.

I've gotten great help from so many. The learning curve has been very easy, thanks to all the great info and advice found on these pages. If you see me in Vegas, you'll know me by my pretty much constant goofy smile and long white stick. I'm Caucasian, short brown hair with hazel eyes, probably hidden behind a pair of Aviator-style RayBans. You'll see me before I see you.... heh heh heh. BTW, I have a friend who lives in Pahrump, so maybe we can visit a ranch or two together. I always wanted to see where they raise bunnies. LOL <wink>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread