a question about Wetbox batts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unscarred

Aug 20, 2010
Dayton, OH, USA
Okay so after talking to three different people none of them knew what i ment by protected batts so i asked the manager(whom by the way sounded exactly like Lumburg from Office Space) Chris if all of their batts looked like the ones u can buy in an 8 pack at walmart or if they had a thicker coating on them and he assured me they all just have the single wrap on them like normal AA's and that the ones they had were not rechargeable :( but he did say to check hobby shops so when i get around to it ill post what i find out

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
lol I blame you not one bit. Unfortunately the battery/charger combo is the greatest expense of our hobby. (Unless of course you want something custom milled and powder coated.) We want to go as inexpensive as possible, but if we go too cheap then replacement costs could ruin the goal.

What ever battery you choose, make sure you use care in selecting the right charger for it. Li-ion batteries charge rates are not the same as others. Some chargers claim to be able to charge them fast, but it will be outside of the battery manufacturers specs and can be harmful to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread