A Taxing Problem - ECF Infozone Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECF Articles

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
A new article has been posted on the ECF Infozone: One reason for impatience with FDA footdragging on its promised deeming regulations for e-cigs is that states are eager to begin taxing the product, reports Jake Grovum of the Pew Charitable Trusts. Taxes on traditional cigarettes have been a steady income source for the states, so the downturn in smoking in recent decades has cut [...]
The post A Taxing Problem appeared first on ECF InfoZone. Article by Gary Cox

Go and read it Here...!

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Yep, that's the problem with allowing the government to overtax based on "it's bad for you", even though it's a legal product. They get hooked like an addict on the money, then they will need to lie, cheat, and steal to make up for losses when the product in question no longer sells anymore, but don't worry, I'm sure our tax dollars are hard at work in think tanks all accross the country, figuring out how to illegitimatly demonize ecigs to keep the money rolling in. If that does'nt work they can always find a new target to demonize and overtax, but I'm sure they'll do their best to avoid making a new group of citizen enemies if they can, but in the end it will be inevitable. I hope those that agreed with the cig sin taxes are welcoming, with open arms, the sin taxes coming attached to something they partake in when the time comes, and it is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread