A thanksgiving miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
We are having a very small Thanksgiving at home. Myself, my mother, my two nephews and the lady next door (the same lady that saw me vaping on the back porch and yelled "OMG you have to stop vaping... it's going to kill you!") I rolled my eyes and thought "oh no... here we go again". My nephew is an ER doctor. Both the lady and my nephew saw that I was going out back to vape and asked about "the lung disease thing" I would have never brought it up but they asked so I explained. Both were very interested in what I said and totally trusted in what I said. It was so cool. Maybe not an actual "miracle" but such a good experience for me :thumb: Happy Thanksgiving everyone... Peace out, vape on!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yup it's like that starfish analogy when they all wash up on the beach,. You can only throw them back in one at a time, and mostly, the starfish may die. But, you have saved some and I suppose that is better than nothing. Or however the motivational saying goes which is probably nothing like this post I am feeling a bit cynical.

But congrats, you saved one :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um yeah I kind of think: Jeez. If Jesus died for my sins how does that compute to "buy everyone everything" and also "pretend a fat man like, squeezed down the chimney we DON'T have and I have to lengthily explain to the kid he comes in through the gas fireplace and it doesn't even convince ME."

I think there are a LOT more kids pretending to believe in Santa than they ever let on. I don't remember the first time I was told about Santa but even if I was two, I bet I thought, darkly "My parents are lying again."

But, you saved one! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Anna

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I think people channel St Nicholas' love at christmas. He was actually a pretty decent guy. And if people do channel his love then that's a miracle in itself seeing as he's been dead for about 1600 years. No one else from history could make that claim. He's very, very popular.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Um yeah I kind of think: Jeez. If Jesus died for my sins how does that compute to "buy everyone everything" and also "pretend a fat man like, squeezed down the chimney we DON'T have and I have to lengthily explain to the kid he comes in through the gas fireplace and it doesn't even convince ME."

I think there are a LOT more kids pretending to believe in Santa than they ever let on. I don't remember the first time I was told about Santa but even if I was two, I bet I thought, darkly "My parents are lying again."

But, you saved one! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Anna

Sounds like your on black Friday time instead of Thanksgiving miracle time there Anna.. lol..

@vaper1960 - that's a lovely heartwarming story.. thank you for sharing..

• Love
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah most Thanksgivings I am too sleepy and stuffed to like, philosophize.

But thank GOD for vaping. The kid sent shivers down my spine when I was explaining rebottling my nic (gonna finish up my last empty bottles today, then figure out what is left to buy for. The kid said, "Ultimately vapers DO have a choice. They can QUIT."

Sent shivers up and down me spine I tell you. I also had a moment where I was like "They switched this kid on me at birth," LOL.

I asked him if he wanted to travel with me to Sedona with an oxygen and then he started insulting my lack of clean room for my juice. I was like "Dood, I don't need a clean room I just need to be clean and you were HAPPY to take my juice when YOU were vaping." How quickly those ex smokers forget (and, he like smoked,, lightly for a year and a half.)

Then he said like, no one knows what is "in" stuff and I was like "If you buy USP grade stuff you know EXACTLY what is in it." so he insulted vaping some more then said I was mad. I was like, "I'm not really mad at vaping but I'm sorry you are such an uninformed idiot. This actually affects YOU not nic vaping.. That is not what was killing folks off."

Then I remembered his passion for MMJ and like NEXT time he calls I am going to tell him it should be banned. Like go on and on and ON. He did. LOL.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Anna, that's how I felt the first time when that lady yelled at me "stop vaping... your going to die!"
That's what made my recent experience even better. Hey, just be like "water off a ducks back"... don't let him get to you.
I still have people say that to me but it doesn't get to me anymore. My favorite is "the look"... I just keep vaping and smile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread