Aaaargh! Feel Like Charlie Brown, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancypants

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Louisiana
This is my 3rd Clearomizer from my local B&M that has gone out in under a month, yes, I did clean them, at least twice, but they are leaking badly through the tank hole constantly, no matter what liquid level I have them at. The latest one's ring at the top is half off. Going nuts here! They're CE5, a few have had their wick changed. I've blown out the liquid, yet more accumulates. I let them rest and open the battery to my eGo C to find a drop of liquid on it. One actually managed to somehow leak outside the cartridge, I have no idea how it managed that! Just on the plastic. Parts are on well, but not too tight, I don't have the strength for that, LOL!

But, there is good news! I fortunately ordered an iTaste MVP and an iTaste V3.0 which come with their clearos, ordered a few more of theirs and replacement heads, I think 4 Kanger Evods, a Protank and other assorted goodies and a good deal of e juice thank goodness! So I just have to get through today! I'm just upset with my local place for a few reasons and this is not helping. Not at $8 a piece. No thanks. Am I wrong?

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
fancypants.....
Sorry to hear about your clearo problems.....Some seem to be more prone to leaking than others......
Sounds like you've got some good stuff coming, though!!
I just got a Protank 2....and LOVE it!!!!:) My T3 clearos are still OK, but they don't like spicy/acidic juice. When I use something like cinnamon or clove, they tend to leak around the seals...not a lot, but enough to cause a mess if I leave them sitting awhile....
I'd shy away from that B&M, too....if they couldn't help you out. If you had issues with more than one clearo, they should have been able to at LEAST steer you toward something else, rather than just sell you more of the same thing!!!!:(
Keep us posted on your results when the new "equipment" comes in!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
This is my 3rd Clearomizer from my local B&M that has gone out in under a month, yes, I did clean them, at least twice, but they are leaking badly through the tank hole constantly, no matter what liquid level I have them at. The latest one's ring at the top is half off. Going nuts here! They're CE5, a few have had their wick changed. I've blown out the liquid, yet more accumulates. I let them rest and open the battery to my eGo C to find a drop of liquid on it. One actually managed to somehow leak outside the cartridge, I have no idea how it managed that! Just on the plastic. Parts are on well, but not too tight, I don't have the strength for that, LOL!

But, there is good news! I fortunately ordered an iTaste MVP and an iTaste V3.0 which come with their clearos, ordered a few more of theirs and replacement heads, I think 4 Kanger Evods, a Protank and other assorted goodies and a good deal of e juice thank goodness! So I just have to get through today! I'm just upset with my local place for a few reasons and this is not helping. Not at $8 a piece. No thanks. Am I wrong?

Where did you order from? And yes, I've had negative experiences with B&M places as well here locally, so now do business online almost exclusively.

AndysPrincess

Aug 2, 2013
TX
My dad has the same problem with the CE5 clearos no matter which local vendor he gets them from. He vapes a really thick dark tobacco juice and after about two days they turn his liquid darker every puff and start leaking. I bought him a CE4 rebuildable (he likes them) and pulled one strand of the wick out before filling and he hasnt had a problem since.

fancypants

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks so much ya'll, I feel better now! I try and take really good care of my equipment, I'm excited because I also have a very girly crystal studded eGo battery coming in and am happy about that too! :wub:

The local B&M is Swamp Vapor. One woman knows what she's doing, but she has dismissed my other concerns I had aside from the clearos very quickly, like I'm an idiot. Yes, I am a newbie but I'm learning quickly. Their e juice is decent, I have one flavor I'll buy there but it's $18 for 30 mL! That's insane and not really worth it. My latest clearo was a little over a week old! So I'm very happy to be getting different kinds of equipment that's supposed to be great stuff! I haven't bought any clearo breakers yet because I knew the liquid would break it! Hope to order some of those e liquids soon, I mostly like fruity flavors, only a few of mine are a little darker. Just one eGo 1100 battery costs $35. But they are the only one here.

I'm so grateful to this forum for it gave me excellent reviews and the ability to make these purchases with a good deal of confidence! At a much better price than I'd pay there with 90% of what I bought unavailable.

About the tanks, I've wanted to try then but don't really know what I'm doing with those at all. I don't think they carry them there and am so confused I don't know where to start. Obviously I need someplace easy, I haven't worked up to where to start yet and I don't know how to rebuild yet. Any easy starter suggestions? They really confuse me for some reason.

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
=fancypants]This is my 3rd Clearomizer from my local B&M

You shouldn't be having those problems with name brand clearos and they shouldn't be selling knockoffs at $8 a pop. Something isn't right. I've been using the same little Kanger clearo for over 2 weeks now.

and just how FUN it is to wait on and open Vape Mail...

Waiting on FastTech is fun? I was pretty much thinking it was torture but I do like saving that cash.

fancypants

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Louisiana
You shouldn't be having those problems with name brand clearos and they shouldn't be selling knockoffs at $8 a pop. Something isn't right. I've been using the same little Kanger clearo for over 2 weeks now.

Waiting on FastTech is fun? I was pretty much thinking it was torture but I do like saving that cash.

LOL, yes the saving cash part is great! Waiting on an order from them, it was shipped out today, but I know it will be a while. Should be getting 2-3 tomorrow and a few others scattered between the rest of this week and the next! :D One from AiV I ordered yesterday that I am excited about too! Stocking up on all different kinds of e juice, only have a few bottles now. *Rubs hands together* I cannot wait, I am so happy to be able to try out my new toys!

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I had to switch to name brand EVOD bottom feeders to solve the problems...just so easy to clean and change the coils. But I did breakdown and buy a protank after finding out the hard way about cracking a tank ( I had no idea a strong earl grey tea would do that). It sounds as if you do have some great stuff coming enjoy

fancypants

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Louisiana
I had to switch to name brand EVOD bottom feeders to solve the problems...just so easy to clean and change the coils. But I did breakdown and buy a protank after finding out the hard way about cracking a tank ( I had no idea a strong earl grey tea would do that). It sounds as if you do have some great stuff coming enjoy

Have 2 Evods coming in, I am so excited! Protank also! And another Pyrex, another bottom coil tank and the Innokin clearos, I30s and I16s, some of which came with my purchases.

Last edited:

fancypants

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Louisiana
Thank you, I was very, um, meticulous in ordering what I wanted. I'm a nerd who looks kind of cool, always wanted to do scholarly pursuits so like I said, did tons of research. :p No BS review sites for this girl! My Protank is pink, lol! :D Can't wait to get it,should be here tomorrow. Now I just need some slightly acidic juice, although I do have some tea flavors coming in. No earl gray, but are they all tank breakers?

RlCH_VAP3S

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Iv'e had problems with CE4's leaking as well so far my favorite is the ISmoka BCC MEGA also known as the VapeOnly BCC Mega Ive had it about two weeks and have not had any leakage issues and it gives a great flavor. It is 12 to 13 dollars at most places. pbusardo does a review on it and the itaste vv v3.0 A PBusardo Review - VapeOnly BCC Mini & iTaste VV V3 - YouTube this review is on the BCC mini but they use the same coils

Last edited:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Thank you, I was very, um, meticulous in ordering what I wanted. I'm a nerd who looks kind of cool, always wanted to do scholarly pursuits so like I said, did tons of research. :p No BS review sites for this girl! My Protank is pink, lol! :D Can't wait to get it,should be here tomorrow. Now I just need some slightly acidic juice, although I do have some tea flavors coming in. No earl gray, but are they all tank breakers?

Not all teas will crack a tank. Earl grey has bergamot as a flavoring and I had no idea it was a type of orange silly me...and the juice I got in the samplers from a cheap company was a STRONG earl grey...but it is the one out of 6 that I like. I am glad that we have a good B&M that just opened less than a mile from me. I am not fond of the juices they sell (self branded) and it does cost a bit more for instant gratification but they do not mind explaining and helping so I dont mind paying a bit more to them (IE my protank cost me $20 and I only had one color to choose from...clear my EVODS were $10 and I had 6 color choices but they do not carry "spinner" batteries).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread