smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Long story short; I lost my newly mixed bottle of 12mg unflavored just before going camping. We were meeting up with our kids, so I called my daughter to bring me a botttle of tobacco flavored. All she could find was a 6mg bottle of Naked 100 Patriot. She also brought a partial bottle of 50mg Menthol in case I needed to mix them; I never did.

Now, it's been over a week and I'm still using the 6mg juice and really haven't found that I'm vaping more to meet my needs. When I get through these 60mls, I'm torn as to whether I should start making 6mg juice or split the difference and make 9mg juice. Either way, my nic stash will now last me up to one and a half to twice as much longer.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Now, it's been over a week and I'm still using the 6mg juice and really haven't found that I'm vaping more to meet my needs. When I get through these 60mls, I'm torn as to whether I should start making 6mg juice or split the difference and make 9mg juice. Either way, my nic stash will now last me up to one and a half to twice as much longer.

I'd stay at 6mg/ml.

For Many people like us, who have Vaped as long as we have, I think the Addiction side is more Mental than anything else. Much More.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
    ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    I'd stay at 6mg/ml.

For Many people like us, who have Vaped as long as we have, I think the Addiction side is more Mental than anything else. Much More.

Agree. I can move freely between 12, 6 and 3 with no real consequence.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Seems to me that it's a no-brainer that you should at least stick with 6mg for now. Maybe mix a small bottle of 12mg just in case.

I intentionally went from 12mg to 6mg myself about 2 years ago or so and I see no difference in how much I vape. However, about 6 months ago I started vaping more frequently with lower powered MTL setups (9-10 watts MTL as opposed to 18-25 watts DL) and I did decide about 1 month or so ago to start mixing some 12mg again for those low powered MTL setups. I did this because since the heat is MUCH lower at 9-10 watts than it is at 18+ watts, I realized that I needed throat hit so the 12mg solved that problem for for me for 9-10W MTL. All this time I thought I didn't need TH but in fact the heat coupled with DL was a good substitute in my mind so I thought I ditched the need for TH, but I didn't. It's just that hotter vapor with DL satisfies the need for TH for me.

Why am I telling you this? Because it might help you as you figure out what you need to do in the coming months as you experiment with 6mg (or even 9mg if needed) to keep vaping that 6mg instead. You may find that you need to go back to 12mg and that's OK since you stashed for 12mg, but it would be better if you could double that stash at no additional cost of money or space :lol:

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Agree. I can move freely between 12, 6 and 3 with no real consequence.

Yeah... I was kinda Surprised how little fuss was involved going from 9mg/ml to 4.5mg/ml.

And then doing the Big Leap. Going to 0mg.

At the Beginning of the Year I cut my Nicotine in half from 9mg/ml of 8 Years or so to 4.5mg/ml. I was already using almost Entirely Unflavored. And my usage was pretty stable at 7ml per Day. I Figured Why Not? I wasn't really getting much if I Did/Didn't vape. It was just more of a Habit.

Things really were Less Dramatic than I thought they might be. A LOT Less. Aside from being a Tad edgy here or there, I Didn't Notice really Anything. So I plugged along with my 4.5mg/ml Unflavored.

Then Daylight Savings Time came. And I was talking with someone and they said how Wacked Out changing the Clocks made them feel. And how it took about a week for them to feel Normal again. I agreed and was laughing when suddenly it Hit Me.

Why Not Go to 0mg when the Clocks Change? I'm gonna feel all Wacked Out anyway. Why Not use it as an Opportunity?

So I did. And with the Exception of 1st Two Days Feeling a little empty (which I would/do every year when DST hits) it Wasn't Bad. In fact, it really wasn't much of anything. And at the end of the week I had to chuckle when I made up a 120ml batch of "e-Liquid" which consisted of 9 Parts VG and 1 Parts PG with a dash of Sucralose because I live on the wild side.

LOL

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Everyone is different. My wife decided to go from 6mg to zero earlier this year. Her daily consumption went from 6mls to around 30mls overnight, she was chain vaping all day. I guess her brain was craving what wasn't there. She thought she would be able to bring it down but couldn't. After a few weeks she went back to 6mg. and right back to 6mls a day. Other folks change their nic level without any problems. It took me years to get down to 6mg and I never tried going lower than that.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
    ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    I vape 3 mg and zero now, it’s amazing how easy is it to reduce nic.

Sub-ohm is the key for me. Salt nic would keep me addicted. But standard sub-ohm fluid seems to have been a poor nic delivery system to begin with so I think a lot of us basically kicked the addiction long ago but didn’t realize it in the moment.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I'm not sure exactly what my mg/ml is. When I was vaping 18 mg/ml juice, I used 11 ml of 100mg/ml nic base to make about 62 ml of juice. A couple of years ago I reduced my nic by 1 ml and increased the PG by 1 ml. I couldn't really tell the difference. I reduced the nic and increased the PG a little again every few months. Now I'm down to 5 ml of nic base, and I still can't really tell the difference. It's about time to drop down a little more.

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    So what did you decide to do?
    I have a liittle over one tank left of the 60mls I've exclusivley used; tomorrow will have been 3 weeks. Earlier this week, I ended up switching to the 0.8 Z-coil at 12 watts to get the better throat hit.

But, yeah. I will most likely, and probably, make more 6mg this weekend. Funny, I was dripping some 12mg Boba's down the drip tip yesterday and almost chocked.
    I might even mix a flavor this time. By the way, still using my cracked out Solo with the runaway display.

IMG_0346.JPG

Hunky Vape

Jun 16, 2021
    Last year I accidentally went from 3 to 0. Yeah, I vaped more the next couple days, but didn't question it until the bottle was empty. Only after filling it with a nic'd bottle did I realize the last one was 0mg. Now doing product reviews I jump all over the place. 50mg disposable, 0mg juice for cloud chucking rebuildable tank review, it doesn't matter... your body knows when it's had too much. And after digging thru the science, at my age especially, daily usage has positive effects, so it's not even a consideration anymore... just like my coffee.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I occasionally leave my vape home when I am out all day and don't miss it a bit. And when I finally get to it I don't get that instant druggy feeling I would have had from going all day with out a cigarette. I think what I've kicked is all the other garbage in the evil leaf, and the nic is all that's left. Maybe what keeps folks hooked to tobacco ain't just the nicotine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread