Adding cotton around Protank II coil???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunsmith99

Moved On
Jun 30, 2013
Georgia
I was hanging with my buddy today who also used a Protank II, and he was telling me he put a strand of rolled up cotton around the coil, in the little circular dip it has on the inside.

Said he put it there to wick better and soak up all the juice that gets trapped there. I tried his, and besides a slightly tighter draw, there seemed to be no negative to him adding the cotton.

Is there anyone else that has done this, or some other slight modification to a Protank coil? I'm looking for anything that will make an already great tank, better.

docp1620

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
McHenry, Il. United States
I've re-wicked all my pro tanks and t-3's with micro coils and cotton. They give really good flavor and better vapor. The negative side is the cotton needs to be changed regularly, maybe weekly or so. It's easy and cotton yarn or cotton balls are cheep. Lots of video tutorials on how to do both the coils and using cotton.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I wonder if it would perform a little better if you took off the silicon gasket after adding that, or if that would just make it gurgle and flood.
It would flood, wick slowly pulls the juice to the coil when it atomizes, if you take off that silicon gasket...juice just flows in...

There is another thing they put on TOP of the heating coil called a "flavor wick" which pulls more juice on top that isn't wrapped in the coil, so when it heats it makes the steam from juice in the coil but picks up more juice as it passes the flavor wick...giving your vape more "flavor"

cotton just wicks alot better than glass fiber silicate, only downside, get it hot...what does cotton do that glass fiber wont (well unless you heat it to around 2,000 degrees)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread