Adding menthol question

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
I accidentally mixed a so so juice with one which has menthol and I love it. Aren't the best recipes done by mistake :)
My question is ( I have never bought any DIY items) if I want to keep doing this, should I buy some DIY menthol flavoring or a menthol juice?

So excited to possibly have found a use for 300ml of crap.

Thanks!

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
You'll have more flexibility and versatility to buy some menthol flavoring. If you buy a menthol juice you'll pay more for a finished product than you would for the flavoring. Also if it will be 0 nic adding it to your so/so juice will lower the nic level.

You have 300 ml of the one so/so juice, or 150 each of 2 so/so juices? Do you like the juice with menthol enough to vape it on it's own, or are you willing to just join the two together for eternity?

You have many choices here, have fun!

Last edited:

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
You'll have more flexibility and versatility to buy some menthol flavoring. If you buy a menthol juice you'll pay more for a finished product than you would for the flavoring. Also it will be 0nic and adding it to your so/so juice will lower the nic level.

You have 300 ml of the one so/so juice, or 150 each of 2 so/so juices? Do you like the juice with menthol enough to vape it on it's own, or are you willing to just join the two together for eternity?

You have many choices here, have fun!

My 300 ml consists of many diff juices so I thought I will want to buy either menthol juice or flavoring and add to different tanks as I go. The ones I like I will vape and the ones the menthol doesnt help I will probably PIF.

So what your saying is if I go flavoring it comes in 0 nic and if I mix 50/50 Im cutting my nic in half. I cant buy flavoring with a nic content is what Im hearing.

psycheval

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Forget
My 300 ml consists of many diff juices so I thought I will want to buy either menthol juice or flavoring and add to different tanks as I go. The ones I like I will vape and the ones the menthol doesnt help I will probably PIF.

So what your saying is if I go flavoring it comes in 0 nic and if I mix 50/50 Im cutting my nic in half. I cant buy flavoring with a nic content is what Im hearing.

If you buy a superconcentrate flavoring your not cutting 50/50. It takes drops not several mls. You will affect your nic content and PG/VG ratio little to none. 1% of 10ml is .1ml thats 2-3 drops. There is no nic in flavor.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
I thought I proofread that post, but I did not. What I meant to say is that, if you want to buy finished menthol juice and add it to your existing so/so juice, IF you buy 0 nic it will reduce the nic level of your now-improved juice.

There are several super-concentrated flavorings for sale, but off the top of my head VapingZone has them, let me see if I can post a link.

http://vapingzone.com/product-info.php?Menthol_Concentrated_Flavor_-pid478.html

I cannot vouch for the flavor as I have never used it, but according to their instructions, a 5ml bottle will flavor 200 ml of juice.

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
I guess now that Im looking I see this Koolada mentioned a bunch. Is this maybe a quality product I'm looking for?
I appreciate the responses.

Koolada 10% (PG)

We have a new version of this. It is also known as "W3" Koolada is used specifically to give that "cold" feeling at the back of the mouth.
It does not really have a 'taste', but it can be used in conjunction with menthol.
try using 4 drops per 4ml of eliquid.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Personally I hate the taste of menthol, reminds me of mouthwash. Koolada gives that cold feeling without adding any flavor. If you hate your flavors, add Koolada, you'll have the same flavor plus a cold feeling in your mouth. If you love menthol and it changes those flavors for the better, add it. Buy both, you'll find Koolada added to fruit flavors gives a great kick!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I accidentally mixed a so so juice with one which has menthol and I love it. Aren't the best recipes done by mistake :)
My question is ( I have never bought any DIY items) if I want to keep doing this, should I buy some DIY menthol flavoring or a menthol juice?

So excited to possibly have found a use for 300ml of crap.

Thanks!

Both ways work. If you don't want the nic level to change, get pre-made menthol in the same nic level and add it to the others. If you don't mind a small reduction in nic level, get some flavorings, a little menthol/mint/koolada goes a long way. Even 1 drop per 5ml could be noticable.

I'm finding a little dash of mint adds something to a lot of fruit flavors. You could go to someplace like Wizard labs and for a few dollars get small bottles of Koolada, Menthol, peppermint and/or spearmint for a few dollars and have fun spicing up your eliquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread