Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
To add Throat Hit:

With left hand, put ecig to mouth. Slowly drag on the ecig. While your doing this, take right hand and curl hand into fist. Once you feel the vapor entering your mouth, inhale deeply. As you inhale deeply, take the fist you've made with your right hand, extend arm and quickly punch yourself in throat as you inhale... added throat hit.

Just kidding bro! The only thing I can tell you is to up your nic level. I've found that as I step down, the throat hit gets a bit weaker. However, just like when I smoked cigarettes, I eventually get used to the throat hit and it becomes normal again.
Sorry for the joke, and good luck!

-VP

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
This juice i'm trying to add TH to is 18mg. I know this is a stretch and i'm not hopeful of finding a resolution but i'd like to hear your suggestions on adding TH. All I've really ever heard was add more nic or grain alcohol.. any other ideas?

The only other alternative is uping the voltage, or using LRs. That is why I refrain from using LRs on a daily basis, or HV for that matter. I vape at 18mg.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Got me stumped. Did you notice more TH @ the 70/30 versus the 50/50? If not then I guess it will come down to TH vs. flavor. More TH with the HV or LR right? What is the juice flavor?

The juice is Rou's toasted hazelnut tobacco from Vaperite. No noticeable TH change between the 50% and 30% VG. And yes more TH at HV or LR, but then the flavor drops. I bought 90mls of this delicious juice so maybe i'll mix up a 6ml bottle with some alcohol.. i've never tried that before. Would vodka work? in a 6ml bottle how much vodka could/should i add? .5ml? less? more?

Try a 90/10 PG/VG mix? Or give PEG400 a try (I seem to get a big TH off that) if you can get on with the flavour. Add high strength chilli pepper extract?

are these 2 different things? never hard of PEG400

JonnyVapΣ;2321917 said:
I add menthol crystals to my juices for perceived throat hit. Just got a bottle of Koolada 10% but haven't played with it yet.

thanks for the tip but i can't handle menthol and i think it would ruin this juice.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Vodka would work 2-3 drops max in 6ml, you can even go as high as 5. Also do not dismiss menthol so readily. A drop or two will not affect taste, but will deliver TH.

It also sounds to me that this liquid isn't made to vape HV (loss of flavour) an HV 3.5 306 atty should get you there without to much flavour loss or even an HV 901.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Vodka would work 2-3 drops max in 6ml, you can even go as high as 5. Also do not dismiss menthol so readily. A drop or two will not affect taste, but will deliver TH.

It also sounds to me that this liquid isn't made to vape HV (loss of flavour) an HV 3.5 306 atty should get you there without to much flavour loss or even an HV 901.

Right on! Thanks for the vodka advise. And i'll keep that in mind about the menthol.

I've only ever used LR 306's. I'm surprised to hear you say i might get the flavor i'm looking for on a 306. It's a good thing, I actually have a couple 3.5 306's being sent to me soon (thanks yellowman <3)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Right on! Thanks for the vodka advise. And i'll keep that in mind about the menthol.

I've only ever used LR 306's. I'm surprised to hear you say i might get the flavor i'm looking for on a 306. It's a good thing, I actually have a couple 3.5 306's being sent to me soon (thanks yellowman <3)
There is half your problem right there. You got spoiled :) A 510 does deliver TH but takes away flavour big time.

801 = great flavour, great vapour, little TH
510 = soso flavour, good vapour, great TH
901 = good flavour, good vapour, good TH
306 = great flavour, great vapour, good TH

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Interesting.. yea you got me thinking when you said you don't vape LR or HV that often.

I probably am spoiled because that's all i've really vaped for a few months.

There is half your problem right there. You got spoiled :) A 510 does deliver TH but takes away flavour big time.

801 = great flavour, great vapour, little TH
510 = soso flavour, good vapour, great TH
901 = good flavour, good vapour, good TH
306 = great flavour, great vapour, good TH

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma
Totally Wicked sells a flavorant called "Diablo Loco" that I add to my juices to give TH. Its hot pepper juice I guess. I accidentally added 2 or 3 drops to 3 mL and it about killed me with the TH and chest hit but it didn't change the flavor of the juice. When I add 1 drop to about 3 mL of juice it's perfect. I would compare this TH/chest hit to a first morning analog, feels that way to me. I think its about $8 for 10 mL. Its the only thing I've ever ordered from TW so I forgot what they charge for shipping, but for me it was worth it because many juices that I would never have used due to lack of TH are now being used with the Diablo Loco added in.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Totally Wicked sells a flavorant called "Diablo Loco" that I add to my juices to give TH. Its hot pepper juice I guess. I accidentally added 2 or 3 drops to 3 mL and it about killed me with the TH and chest hit but it didn't change the flavor of the juice. When I add 1 drop to about 3 mL of juice it's perfect. I would compare this TH/chest hit to a first morning analog, feels that way to me. I think its about $8 for 10 mL. Its the only thing I've ever ordered from TW so I forgot what they charge for shipping, but for me it was worth it because many juices that I would never have used due to lack of TH are now being used with the Diablo Loco added in.

Thanks for this. I'l try to get some on the classifieds sometime after Christmas.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Interesting.. yea you got me thinking when you said you don't vape LR or HV that often.

I probably am spoiled because that's all i've really vaped for a few months.

What I was trying to convey is I mixed it up. I no longer have the need for fixes, but I had juice for those special days. I am sure you know what I am talking about. Same for LR and HV. I avoided it for those special days, where a couple of toots would get rid of the woolies. Then I resumed where I was, and only tooting the high performance stuff when I'd get a trigger. I roll my own so I am able to tailor my juices to my needs. I vape allot of tobacco blends at 12-14% flavour, nice and rich and great TH at 18mg even at 12.

Many folks get hung up on attys, voltages etc... I look at watts. A good friend of mine likes 12-15 watts <---- that is hot, but it floats his boat. At that range there is no where to go, and he is vaping 36mg. OTOH I always manipulated liquid, atties and voltages-------> satisfaction.

Allot of folks started off with LRs and find it difficult to move away from them, not dissimilar to folks that cannot come down from HV. Me it is all moods. I often vape 801s during the evening in my lazyboy, nice and mellow. Why not I am trying to relax.

It took me a while to try a 306 as in the beginning I thought it was just hype, like many other things. I tried one. Wow! I did a review of both the LR and HV and titled them the long lost gem. 306 vaping will spoil anyone who has not experienced anything else. I haven't touched an 901 in months, but I know I will one day, and when that day comes, it is just like owning a brand new mod, at no cost. I hope this helps and makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread