Advice needed with mechanical mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuy

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2016
Arizona
Hello everyone, it has been a while since I asked for advice, and today I have come once more to get some advice from the masters of mechanical tube mods, I recently bought 2 nemesis clone mods from hciggar and I am quite happy with them but but today I decided to use a rda the stilare rda and coiled it with a dual 26 GA coils the build came up to almost. 5 ohms, great clouds but I have noticed that both of my nemesis gets kind of warm from the tube and the atty gets hot, so as a newbie I got scared and threw the nemesis to the backyard, nothing happened, second time after I got some strength and decided to try again after a few drags it does the same it gets kind of warm the tube and the atty gets kind of hot, this time I took the battery out of the nemesis and was kind of a little bit warm, so my question is, is it normal for a mech tube mod like the nemesis clone to get warm or should I be concerned, I am using a LG hb4 battery rated at 30 amps and my coil built is around . 4 . 5_ish so I know battery wise I am safe, but I love my face too much, so any help would be greatly appreciated

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
You have nothing to worry about.
Heat will spread from the coil into the RDA and then into the mod via conduction. Your body heat will add to this. The battery will also get warm under load dependent of the amp draw and how often you are hitting it. Approaching the CDR of a battery the internal temperature may get as high as 70/80 degrees centigrade. All this normal.

If the mod gets too hot to touch then that's a different matter.

3PuK2dY.png

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Something else to add is that the switch might be coming loose. I have a copper nemesis along with a brass sentinel and a couple chiyou's. The switches on all those hitters do become loose from normal use and produce heat cause they aren't making solid contact. Example is my sentinel's button always came loose so I put a small homemade kanthal spring under the switch pin, screwed the pin back in and its been tight ever since. Once in a while you have to take the switch apart to clean and shine up the contact point. If I'm not mistaken the nemesis has a small rice pin in the switch thats easy to loose but hard to replace. Attys will get hot, its the nature of the beast but not so hot that you can't touch it so maybe the top contact point needs a shine with 350 or higher grit sandpaper.
I run mechs daily with .5 to 1.2ohm builds and haven't had one get hot enough to concern me like it has you.

Reactions: bacc.vap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread