• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Advice on Ecig and liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclearbroccoli

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
In the West
Time to ask for advice from the experts! So, I have had two ecigs for a while now - a 510, and an EgoT. The 510 seems to be on the charger more often than it's in my mouth and doesn't produce anywhere near enough vapor, and the Ego lasts but doesn't quite produce enough vapor for my tastes. As a result, while I use these most of the time, I haven't yet been able to completely drop smoking a couple of analogs a day (first thing in the morning, and just before bed). I wan't to drop the analogs permanently, but need some advice. Here's what I'm looking for in an ecig:

- Reasonably long lasting battery. Doesn't have to last all day, but has to be better than a 510.
- Would prefer a tank system. I'm lazy...
- Vapor! Must have vapor!
- Easily obtainable replacement parts.
- Not too long. Ego-T size is fine, but anything longer becomes an issue to carry in my pocket without losing it.

While I'm at it, I'm trying to find a menthol that actually tastes and hits like a strong menthol cigarette does (Think MacDonald or Craven Menthol). I realize that it's never going to taste like a cigarette exactly, and that's fine. What I'm looking for is that "cool" feeling, with a sharp and heavy TH, and actually tastes like menthol rather than some vaguely minty flavour. Looking for one that comes in 24mg. I've tried one from JC and wasn't too thrilled with it, and one other, though the name escapes me at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Keep using the ego if it is working for you, just get one or two more, for those away from home for a few nights shenanigans.
many tanks work on the ego, the vision cartomizers, come with replaceable heads, and should last ya most of the day on one fill.
juice is always subjective, so just buy sample bottles of flavours that you are interested in than get a 30ml, of what you like.

None of this will help you ditch analog cigarettes though... that task will be up to your will power.
Keep at it, you will eventually be able to ditch the stinkies permanently.

:vapor:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I agree with other posters, if you're happy with the Ego battery, keep it. I'd suggest trying the Vivi Nova mini (2.5 ml) and the Kanger T2. I'd stick with the LR heads on a standard battery, which are replaceable on both systems.

You could try the EGO Twist, if you want to play with higher voltages, but it does add quite a bit of length so you might not be interested in that. There's also the 900 mah and 1000 mah batteries for the EGO, which add more battery life, but also more length again - and even more length in the Twist version. And .. to confuse things a bit more you could even grab a short Ego mini battery @ 350-400 mah for a smaller version than what you have.

Here's Vaporchase's video on the EGO twist, right near the beginning he shows it in comparison to a couple of other batteries; VaporChase Review - Joyetech eGo-C Twist from Vaporus - YouTube and here's a video on the Ego mini; VaporChase Review - The eGo Mini from Vapor Geek - YouTube.

To sum up though - sorry for the long post, you can buy a couple of Vivi nova mini's and Kanger T2s cheaply $5-10 each, keep the EGO batteries you have or buy more of the same, ones with more juice or the twist option if you're curious.

I don't know anything about menthol tobaccos, but I personally found I needed a nasty tobacco, mixed with a cigar to finally cut out the last few cigarettes I had in a day, but for some people it just takes a bit of time.

Last edited:

ridethespiral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton AB, Canada
eGo c twist 650Mah is pretty decent sized, coupled along with a Kanger T2 or Vivi nova mini with low resistance heads and you'll be blowing tons of vapour :) I prefer the Kanger T2 at the moment.

If you want really tiny and cheap, eGo c mini's + Kanger T4. Idk about the T4 though, the mouthpiece doesn't screw into the body. The 3.7v mini with a LR head works amazing and actually lasts quite a while. Plus at $10-12 per mini, you can't go wrong.

I can get huge clouds with 70PG/30VG juice, all depends how deep you inhale and how long you hold it in I suppose. Can't wait to see what it will be like with my 50/50 juices once I get them.

Not sure on the menthol juice though! sorry! It's on my list of flavours to try

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Another vote for the twist and T2 or Viva Nova mini. I think you'll have an easier time finding your sweet spot with the twist battery. I get great vapor & TH with the T2 & the VN with a 70/30 PG/VG juice.

Can't help you in the menthol department, sorry. What worked for me to get rid of my last few smokes a day were strong lingering tasting juices, like black coffee, or strong tobacco.

Good luck and keep with it, you'll find what you need :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread