The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Advice on the best Vapes.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Fred Bloggs, Oct 19, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Hi folks, i am a new member, and I have had different vapes for a year or so now, but it is only in the last 6 months that I haven't even touched a cigarette. In those 6 months I have gone from an Eleaf I stick, to try to get " the best " out of the vaping experience. So far I have had a Smok Alien, a digital display Smok, and the latest venture has been a Vapresso Revenger, and to be honest I have to say none of them have lasted any length of time before they simply don't work. Now I have gone back to the 30 watt Eleaf. Can anyone please recommend a cloud busting Vape, that will hopefully last a fair bit longer than a few weeks or months?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    Hello And welcome, You will get a lot of advice here, There are so many mods to chose from maybe with a few things you are looking for in context we can help narrow it down. For Durability the Aegis Legend and Smoant Battlestar come to mind, But if you give more details like battery options, Wattage range, size, shape, cost. Do you require proper temp control? There are many variables.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Just about anything other than SMOK, as you have found out. I'm using an original Uwell Crown tank on a Jac Vapour series b DNA 75w.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. UpNorth

UpNorth Senior Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Tundra, Minnesota
    Hello and Welcome. If it were me, I would get a voopoo drag with either a Freemax Mesh Pro or Horizon Falcon tank. Drag will run ya about 40 bucks and 25ish on the tank. Voopoo drag is easy to use and either of the above mentioned tanks will give you great flavor and big clouds. But of course it depends on a lot of factors.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Geekvape ageis legend. It is not small but it is water nd shock resistant

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hex nut

Hex nut Full Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Netherlands
    Thumbs up for the Drag from me as well, I've found it pretty reliable mod. That said, it is a bit on the heavy side, and not overly ergonomic. If you're looking for something equally reliable, and somewhat more ergonomic, it's worth taking a look at the Innokin Proton.

• Like Like x 2
  7. flavourchaser

flavourchaser Super Member

Jun 25, 2018
    The Voopoo Drag mod is good, but it is heavy as a brick, if you want something lighter the Wismec RX Gen3 Dual has been good to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UpNorth

UpNorth Senior Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Tundra, Minnesota
    Simple Question = 1000 answers to follow!!!! Awesome :pop:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Super Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    When you say they just don't work anymore, I assume you are either hard on them or you're saying the chip just quits working. If you're hard on them, the Aegis Legend is very durable. If it's a quality issue, you should look into something with a dna chip like the Lost vape paranormal dna75c. You'll pay more, but really if you add up what you've spent on the 3 mods you mentioned you'll save money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Skunk!

Skunk! Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I have heard the Aegis and also the stuff from Squid industries is practically indestructable. Those next on my list. I have a Fireluke mesh and it is quite good for a tank that uses packaged coils.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Firstly thanks for all the replies. Yes I think it is fair to say, that the chips just stopped working on the 2 Smok vapes I bought, with all kinds of weird things occurring with the display prior to it giving up the ghost. With the latest Vapresso which has only lasted 3 weeks despite costing 75 Euro's, I used 2 x 3.7v 18650 batteries, and I put a Free Max tank with a Fireluke mesh coil, and I usually set it to 40 - 50 W when vaping. A guy with much more experience of vaping than I have, did in fact mention to me recently about Vapes with DNA chips, so maybe I should research them. Oops I forgot to mention that the message coming up on the Vapresso revenger is " Low Atomizer " and no matter what I try it simply will not allow me to draw from it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Hawise

Hawise Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    The Smoks certainly sound dead, but the Revenger may not be. Have you tried it with another tank, or at least a new coil?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    What batteries are you using? Brand(s) and model(s) please.
    Do you have an external charger?
    Have the previous failures been related to juice leaking into your devices?
    Did you use the Fireluke on the previous devices or do/did you have other toppers?
    What is the resistance of the coil you are using now?

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Low atomizer means there is no power running through the coil. Most commonly this is because the 510 connection is not working in some way

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Could also be a short and the detected resistance is less than the minimal allowable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    Many mods are different in their warnings but low atomizer should mean the coil is too low in resistance. An example would be your mod can only fire down to 0.2 ohms but your tank/coil is at 0.18 or lower.

Pre-made coils are not always the exact number they say, they can be a little higher or lower. Then some coils will start low but once fired they rise. I build my own and have had many read .22 when built but once I fire and get them glowing right, they settle in at .3 or so.

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    True

• Like Like x 1
  18. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    My 30 and 40 watt Eleaf's (Istick classics) are still strong after 3+ years at standard ohm RDA settings. Wish I could help.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Revenger specs say it should fire as low as .05 resistance. My guess would be a bad coil or poor 510 connection. Check if the 510 pin on the mod still has play in the spring and check that the tanks 510 hasn't been pushed in. If you tighten the atty too much it will read low atomizer. Try screwing the atty on while watching the mod display.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Hi everyone, just a quick update. I have now bought a VT Box 250C. The batteries I use are efest IMR ( whatever that means )18650, 3500 mAh 20A 3.7V. And the coil is a Fireluke mesh coil 0.15 ohm standard 510 thread. So far, so good, though any advice on improving will be gratefully received. Be lucky.

• Like Like x 2