Advice on where to go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
Hello y'all! Been a while since I have posted, but I have a question. I moved from my Joyetech Ego-T with a 1000Mah pass through battery. I am now using an Ego-T Upgrade with an 18650 battery, but have a few issues with it. It doesn't seem to work with all cartos and attys. It works fairly decent with my ViVi Nova tanks. Well I accidentally dropped it today in the grass during my daughter's birthday party. The ViVi tank snapped off right at the threads. Now I have to try and get that part out of the control head of the Ego. I am looking for something different. I am looking for something that can take the abuse of being put in a motorcycle saddlebag, the occasional drop, and some seriously heavy vaping. What is my next logical step? I really enjoy using tanks, because filling at certain points throughout my day is not always an option. I was looking at bottom feeders, and I also looked at the drip on demand type setup. I am just not sure. I have been vaping for over a year now, and it's time for something new I think.

So what say you???

SteveDTF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
Fullerton, CA
Yeah, the Legacy looks and feels cool, and with a Kick it will certainly perform top-notch. I didn't suggest it because of the bottom button. I have the Prodigy too, the Legacy's "little brother," and unless the bottom button is screwed in all the way and locked it tends to accumulate all sorts of junk in there like lint and stuff (things not foreign to the bottom of a motorcycle bag or my photography bag!). From what I've seen, the Legacy and Prodigy have virtually identical bottom button assemblies. However, with a little care and conscious effort to prevent this problem, I'm sure the Legacy will provide lots of satisfying vaping.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I think the Reo Grand might be what I am looking for. It holds the right size battery, juice and what not. I am not 100% sure how a bottom feeder works though. Would someone please provide some insight here?

Again thanks for the previous information everyone!!!!

A bottom feeder is great. I own a couple. You squeeze the juice from a bottle in the bottom into whatever you're running on it. That's referred to as squonking. It's not really suitable for things like clearomizers that have their own juice feeding system. I don't know why you'd do this instead of using a tank but, some people put a carto on one and squonk now and then to keep it wet. Where it really shines is with atomizers. With those you can get an experience like dripping without the hassle. You do have to learn to use them though. Even if you're used to dripping, you'll get a lot of floods at first and the occasional dry hit. However, once you get the hang of it, it's very nice.

You asked about the Legacy. You get it here.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I have a kicked legacy with 18650 extension tube and use a nhaler atty tank very durable reliable a bit of a battery hog but one spare battery will most difenatly get you threw a day. Ive dropped it and snapped a drip tip but the cool thing is you dont really need a drip tip in that tank set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread