Advuice on cleaning Maxi-Roughstack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
First of all, i have seen a post somewhere about adding a rubber gasket to keep juice out, however I have no idea what size I should get and also I can't see how there would be anyway to screw the bolt back on. There isn't much room as it is.

So with that said, i have been using my Roughstack with the Vapemate and I have on occasion flooded the atty and had the juice seep down into the Roughstack. I took apart yhe roughstack to clean it, and noticed there was a film of juice on the circuit board. Is it safe to soak in 91% Isopropyl Alcohol? I know it is used on electronics, so i am assuming yes. But before I assume completely I thought I would ask. I know, worst case scenario is I have to buy another switch assembly.

lexi60

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
utah
Never tryed it on a roughstack, But this is how I clean and seal electrical parts from oil/water.
Get some electrical contact cleaner. Spray PCB to clean. get Di-electric grease, apply a small bead around switch threads and around PCB, and inside (under side) atty connector. Reassemble.
You shouldnt have to worry about leakage inside any more.
You gan get these 2 items at RatShack for like 10$ total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread