Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello fellow vapers,

This time the Aegis Boost Plus by Geekvape was sent to me for the purpose for this review, thank you @Geekvape_Official!

It is the newest Aegis and the ‘upgraded’ version of the earlier boost. I did a review on the boost and its rba earlier on this forum, see links: AEGIS BOOST REVIEW BY SP013 and BOOST RBA POD BY GEEKVAPE

The main difference between the Boost and Boost Plus is that the Plus runs on an external 18650 battery, pod has been sealed properly(anti-leak), pod capacity, larger screen and more functionalities.

It is marketed as ‘Triple’ system, which basically means regular coils, RDTA and 510-adapter.

Here are some specifications from the Geekvape website:

Parameters:
Size: 49.5* 28.6* 114.2mm
Material: Plastic & silicone & leather & Zinc alloy
Battery: single 18650 battery (not included)
Output: 5-40W
Input voltage: 3.2-4.25V
Output voltage: 0.1-6.5V
Screen: 0.96″TFT color display
Mini voltage: 3.3±0.1V
Resistance range: 0.1-3.0ohm
Longest output/vaping time: 10s
Firing speed: 0.08s
Temperature range: 200-600℉/100-315℃
Charging: 5V/2A
Capacity: 5.5ml
Resistance: G Coil Boost Formula 0.4ohm mesh coil(25-33W)
G Coil Boost Formula 0.6ohm mesh coil(15-25W)

Features:
Plastic & silicone & leather & zinc alloy construction
One mod triple system(Pod AIO/RBA/510 connector)⁣
AS Chipset with IP67 rating Waterproof, Shockproof, Dustproof
Powered by single 18650 battery with adjustable 5-40W output
0.96″TFT color screen
Fast Firing with less than 0.02s⁣
PTGC Food-Grade Plastic Pod
5.5ml capacity with top-fill design, silicone stoppered
Rotating airflow control dial
Geekvape G Coil Boost Formuls Mesh Coil Series
Plug 'n' Play coil installation
Supports MTL, DTL, DIY Vaping
Press-to-fit pod connection
Over-temperature protection
Over-current protection
Short circuit protection
Over-discharge protection
Overcharge protection

What I got in the box:

1* Aegis Boost Plus(G Coil Boost Formula 0.4ohm mesh coil(25-33W), pre-installed)
1* G Coil Boost Formula 0.6ohm mesh coil(15-25W)
1* Drip tip
1* Coil tool
1* USB cable
1* User manual
1* Promotion card & warranty card

Review:

First impression is the size of this thing, it is not thick, but it is wide for a pod-mod in my opinion. It is for example wider than my dual-18650 BAT mod (which is again thin for a dual 18650). It does however lay very well in the hand and does not feel like holding a brick at all since it is light weight (135g without battery and full pod of liquid, 185g with battery).

It is a very beautiful looking pod-mod, the space black is exactly my type of color option. As with every Aegis I have handled so far, they are properly built devices that will last with its IP67 certification. It being wide for a pod-mod also does help in making it just look stunning in my opinion. As you might see on the pictures, the silicon built is absorbing dust and pet hair like crazy tough, but it is also easy to clean it off under the tap.

I am however missing the drip-tip cover which was on the original Boost, I really liked that cap for covering and protecting from dirt getting into your coil.

Buttons feel nice and respond very well. I like the fire button shape sticking out a bit. It is for sure a much better fire button than on the original boost.

The battery-door is small, but easily accessible and is not too hard to unscrew and screw back on.

Pod has 5.5ml which is a massive pro, it is plenty for a 40W pod-mod. The click system to connect the pod to the device works well and the pod stays in place well. Filling it up is mess-free and the fill-port is very easily accessible on the top of the pod. The fill-port is large enough for large tip bottles and I had no issues filling at all. One of the main improvements (Geekvape claims) is that this pod should be leak and even condensation proof. There were many original Boost users that complained about massive leaking issues, which I did not experience on the original boost. I can say that the Boost Plus does NOT leak or even leave any condensation on the base of the device, well done Geekvape. The only reason you need to take this pod out is to replace the coil really, which is very practical and nice. Replacing coils is simple with its plug system. Pod is on the dark side, but liquid is still visible sufficiently enough.

Both 510 drip-tips are OK for this type of pod-mod, I think 810 is overkill on a 40w device and am happy they stayed with 510. Both drip-tips are for restricted-DTL in my opinion, for MTL I would use my own tighter drp-tips.

Airflow ring turns smooth and it allows for a lot of airflow and restricted airflow for MTL. If I am not misunderstood, the Wexan (new pod from Geekvape) coils will also fit on the Boost and Boost Plus, so for the MTL-lovers, I can say that the Wexan 1.2ohm MTL coil is a good and long lasting one. I’ve been using the 1.2ohm coil for over a month on my never-released Geekvape pod (similar to wexan) and it’s still running smooth.

Screen is much better than on the original Boost, it is larger and shows more options. The menu and navigation remind me a lot with the Legend, Solo, Mini. It navigates the same and it looks similar. One additional cool thing is that you can change the color of the screen (green, red and light blue). Navigating through it is simple, 3-clicks to unlock the menu and the + and – buttons to scroll through the different functionalities.

New on this pod-mod is that it has temperature control, which I think is unique for a pod-mod so far. It is at this moment in time however useless since all the coils are made with Kanthal, BUT an RDTA and 510-adapter will be released soon! From what I see you are limited to Stainless steel for TC (correct me if I am wrong), but hey, its something. The RDTA on the original boost was really good, and am very excited to see the one for the Plus, maybe mesh?

If there is anything, I need to mention that I do not like much about the functions is that it fires up only to 40W. I expected it to at least fire up till 50W or even 60W, especially with the knowledge it’s an 18650-battery mode and that an RDTA will be released for it. Also, they could have released an additional coil that would be recommended between let’s say 33 to 45w as the coils did not change compared to the original boost. If it is software upgradeable to let it fire up higher? I don’t know, but if so, I hope they take this in consideration.

It vapes very well with the restricted DTL coils and with the adjustable airflow ring you can find your type of vape. I like the 0.4ohm coil the most as it just fires up higher and the flavor is more enhanced. Overall on both coils the flavor is really good and from my experience with the boost I can guarantee that these coils will last you quite some time, in some cases even over a month. As mentioned before, it would be nice to see a new coil that can push higher, let’s say up to 40w, so that the whole range from 5-40 watts is covered.

Conclusion:

Love it, even though it is quite big for a pod-mod. It is a massive improvement to the boost with its 18650-battery, more convenient top-fill and leak and condensation proof pods. It vapes well, delivers the flavor you would expect from mesh coils and the airflow adjustment just pleases every vaper, from DTL, Restricted DTL to MTL.

It’s an Aegis, which to me never disappoint. Beautifully engineered and with its IP67 rating it just gives that security when going out on a bumpy trip.

The menu and functionalities are improved compared to the Boost, TC is a unique functionality for a pod-mod and the screen is just better being larger and more over viewable. Navigating is easy and the ability to change the screen-color is a nice addition.

Main downside for me is that it fires up only to 40W and that there is no coils released that can fire up higher than 33W with the kit.

This is the perfect kit for those looking for an 18650 pod-mod that can have a bump and fires up only to 40W and like restricted DTL. The RDTA and 510-adapter that will be released are hopefully going to be great just as on the original boost.

Price wise it is quite cheap for what you get, 43$ on the Geekvape official store (https://store.geekvape.com/geekvape-aegis-boost-plus-40w-pod-system-kit.html), probably soon you might see even lower prices from 3rd party vendors.

Thank you for reading my review, let me know if you have any questions or if I missed anything.

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread