Aegis Boost Pro B100 Settings Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes03r6

Jan 29, 2022
Can anyone help explain some of the more intricate settings on the boost pro?
Few examples:
1) in power mode you can change something with the ohm if you press +/-. Looks like an envelope or maybe a lock?
2) in TC-TCR mode, what is the T setting? I would assume temperature...but the main adjustment is temp...so why have two? Is the second maybe a max temp or something? (Just checked and it actually goes up to 5000...so doubt it's temp lol)
Would love to use this device to it's max potential, but manual was a joke, and review videos always skip over these features.
20220129_115054.jpg
20220129_115129.jpg

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
The P series coils are NOT temperature control compliant. Use them in wattage mode.
More than you ever wanted to know about temperature control video. HERE

Quick and dirty: T= titanium, SS= stainless steel, Ni= nickel200, TC-TCR= manual mode for wire types not listed; Zr = zirconium, SS430, ss304, et al.

Cheers
I

Wes03r6

Jan 29, 2022
Hi and welcome,
The P series coils are NOT temperature control compliant. Use them in wattage mode.
More than you ever wanted to know about temperature control video. HERE

Quick and dirty: T= titanium, SS= stainless steel, Ni= nickel200, TC-TCR= manual mode for wire types not listed; Zr = zirconium, SS430, ss304, et al.

Cheers
I
Thanks Izan. Sorry, should have specified that I'm using the rbta with a NI200 coil. I mostly use other modes, but was just trying to understand what the 'T' value was.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I believe the "T" is the TCR value. Each metal has its own Temperature Coefficient of Resistance.

The lock around the resistance reading enables the mod to prevent the coil resistance reading from jumping. As a coil heats up its resistance will rise, which in some mods such as Geek Vape's, causes Voltage and Amps to increase as well (this is generally a good thing). When using TC mode, this would make it increasingly more difficult for the mod to maintain a stead temperature output, and so it's often locked.

Wes03r6

Jan 29, 2022
    I believe the "T" is the TCR value. Each metal has its own Temperature Coefficient of Resistance.

The lock around the resistance reading enables the mod to prevent the coil resistance reading from jumping. As a coil heats up its resistance will rise, which in some mods such as Geek Vape's, causes Voltage and Amps to increase as well (this is generally a good thing). When using TC mode, this would make it increasingly more difficult for the mod to maintain a stead temperature output, and so it's often locked.
    Thanks Z-Lee. Great explanation. That was my gut feeling, just couldn't see anything from or about geek vape to explain these settings.

Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread