bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
IMG_1252.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG
what's in the package :) Aegis Boost, 2 coils .4 and .6 ohm. Coil remover tool.
IMG_1253.JPG
2 drip tips, charge cord, instructions

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG
First impression, I love the size and feel of the boost. It is much more than a pod or AIO, it feels and vapes like a bigger mod and tank. Flavor is good I have a DIY custard in there :) The pod/tank is easy to use. Coil replacement is easy with the coil tool. I am using the .6 ohm coil for a more MTL vape. I actually like the whistle top drip tip for MTL.
To fill the pod there is a top port, easier if you use a needle bottle to fill. Fits nice and snug when filled. It holds quite a bit of juice for a pod, a big plus! The pod pops out fairly easy. I love the air flow on the pod, very restricted to very airy!

Attachments

• IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The Drip tips are not 510. I wanted a bit longer tip on it but the size is small so that is one draw back. I also had some flooding of the coil on second pod fill. I am using a 50/50 ejuice. Turning up the watts to burn off excess worked. I am vaping lower watts, but at 20 watts the tip gets pretty warm. It would be nice if there was a taller drip tip included.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Overall the Aegis Boost is a great take along device for out and about. Light, pocket friendly and waterproof, dust proof and shockproof. What more could anyone want :) I also heard there is a RBA coming out for it, how cool is that! Win-win :)

I think this is a great device for DL users also with the .4 coil, higher watts and air flow wide open.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Very nice review @bnrkwest. Sounds good for a loose mtl vaper! Do you know......Is it the same size fill port as the Frenzy, or larger?
That I don't know, I never tried the Frenzy. The only other pods I have is a Gala and Orion. The Orion has a screw port that is bigger, I think the Frenzy looks like an Orion but have never tried it.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
That I don't know, I never tried the Frenzy. The only other pods I have is a Gala and Orion. The Orion has a screw port that is bigger, I think the Frenzy looks like an Orion but have never tried it.
Very similar in size to the Orion. I have two Frenzys. The fill ports on one work fine with a small nozzle bottle, the other tank gets a bubble in the other hole, no matter what I fill it with. I resorted to a syringe from my diy stuff and push it all the way in. Still bubble blocks me. I love the size of the aegis mini, so this is definitely a contender! I appreciate the thorough review. It helps!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Very similar in size to the Orion. I have two Frenzys. The fill ports on one work fine with a small nozzle bottle, the other tank gets a bubble in the other hole, no matter what I fill it with. I resorted to a syringe from my diy stuff and push it all the way in. Still bubble blocks me. I love the size of the aegis mini, so this is definitely a contender! I appreciate the thorough review. It helps!
I do get a bubble sometimes in the Boost pod, I blow on it and goes away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread