Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Simple answer would be yes.
but no one would recommend you do it since it's bad for batteries in the long run and for the usb port.
Everyone i know would highly advise you to get an external charger and charge them that way instead, and only use your usb port for upgrading firmware.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
It's a simple question (I have searched in the forum and other websites but didn't find anything.

Can I charge my Aegis Legend 200W in the usb adapter (power plug) or only in the pc? The adapter has a single output of 2,4A, and a dual output of 1,2A.

I'm afraid of crashing my mod and batteries plugging in the wall.

I would always advise charging batteries in a dedicated battery charger... especially so with dual batteries.

Even if the mod supports charging through the USB, there is no guarantee as to what kind of power you're getting. USB bricks may have a rating, but there are other safety issues that just cannot be proven or advised for or against. With the computer USB, the only thing guaranteed, is you have the right shape connector, close to 5v, and at least .5 amps power.... There is no USB specification for amperage that I'm aware of. So, even charging it through a computer's USB port is not a guarantee of safety.

Chances are, the Aegis won't list the charging specifications for their usb if they could. if I had to randomly guess, I'd say it's probably safe. But even if it were, There are still many other reasons I'd use a dedicated charger.... balancing issues being one of the main ones. Besides, for $20-$40, you never have to ask that question again for any of your mods and flashlights in the future... chargers aren't that expensive comparatively speaking, and they last a long time... I am still using a 6 year old Intellicharger i4, but I've been through MANY mods since then.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In addition to what @QcVaper said, using the usb charging cord with the Legend could affect the waterproof feature because you would be repeatedly removing the waterproof silicone plug of the usb and in return that plug would degrade over time. You do get a second plug in the kit, but over the long term its much better to remove the batteries and charge them in an external battery charger for both the mod and the batteries.

In reality, the usb is primarily meant for possible firmware updates from your computer for the chipset.

One more additional reason to charge the batteries in an external charger...in a worse case scenario, a short from charging via usb might not only fry the mod, but also the computer.

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Yes you can. Computer or wall adapter will both work. Although the best solution is to charge the batteries in an external charger. You might look into one of these
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7rh3c5eyvu_e. Lots can go wrong charging batteries in a mod but if it's your only choice it will work, risky but will work.

The device being charged, phone, mod, laptop only draws the power that is safe and acceptable. Aegis specs list charging power as 5volts 1amp. Plugging in to 2amp wall charger will not harm the Aegis Legend or the batteries, the Legend will only pass 1amp through according to their specs. I use an external charger for my Legends.

The picture is one of my Legends connected to a wall wart. No harm no foul. First time I've tried it.
IMG_2198.JPG

This is from Geek Vape's support page:
Yes, you can charge the battery thru mod.
It’s completely safe for batteries and electronics use the original data line,
Thanks!Enjoy vaping please.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
It's a simple question (I have searched in the forum and other websites but didn't find anything.
Can I charge my Aegis Legend 200W in the usb adapter (power plug) or only in the pc? The adapter has a single output of 2,4A, and a dual output of 1,2A.
I'm afraid of crashing my mod and batteries plugging in the wall.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I would contact the distributor or manufacturer and ask the question(s). Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread