Aegis legend with valyrian II tank and coils burning throat help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmann100

Jul 21, 2019
As the title says I just got my aegis legend mod (200watt) yesterday and a nice Valyrian II tank and coils to replace my starting vape which was a vaporesso luxe. I'm really in love with this mod and tank but every hit is burning my throat. I'm running and single mesh coil in it currently at 80 watts (was told it works best at 90-100 watts. On my luxe I was running at 60 watts perfectly fine. But everytime I hit my vape it burns my throat ejuice is the same as previous vape at 6mg. But I cant figure out how to get it to stop from burning my throat. I'm fairly new to vaping was a smoker for 10 years. So I'm a noob when it comes to the abbreviations and terms and not sure what to do. Any help/advice would be great!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Aegis is made by GeekVape and all of their mods hit the hardest of any mod out there. Best is to use less wattage until you test your coils. Start lower than you would usually use and probably will be just a bit less than what you are used to. Try toking on it a few times before giving up. Sometimes it just takes a few times for the coil to adjust and make sure to start out when your coil has sit unused for a few mins in order to cool off from previous tries. Then come back and let us know how it went.

Welcome to ecf.

oh, and I have and use daily most of the GeekVape mods and love all of them.

:)

Hitmann100

Jul 21, 2019
Ohms is 0.32 for the single mesh coil that's currently in it. I have dual mesh coils at 0.14 that I will be using after this coil goes out. My juice is 70vg/30pg like my all my juices. I dropped it to 40 watt and could taste anything and eventually went to 60 fully open it seems okay for now. Just dont understand why at 80 it was burni g like crazy is it something that I eventually need to get use to?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ohms is 0.32 for the single mesh coil that's currently in it. I have dual mesh coils at 0.14 that I will be using after this coil goes out. My juice is 70vg/30pg like my all my juices. I dropped it to 40 watt and could taste anything and eventually went to 60 fully open it seems okay for now. Just dont understand why at 80 it was burni g like crazy is it something that I eventually need to get use to?
Each ejuice has its own wattage that it taste good at. That is what you should strive for not how high you can go in watts.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Im using a single mesh coil in the vaporesso NRG tank, rated at 50 to i think its says 80watts. Letters are so damn tiny ill need a magnifying glass to be sure. But i vape it at around 60 to 65watts. Anything below 60 gives me a weak tasting vape and anything much above 65 is on the hot side for me. This coil is .15ohms and im getting my best vape at 63 watts. My juice is 70/30. I prefer max vg but currently am out of diy supplies so im vaping storebought juice. Play with your wattage and airflow till you get what you like.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is not only okay to run them at lower wattage, it may extend their coil life.

If it's at the expense of the flavor you want your solution to lower you nicotine also sounds perfectly fine.

Be advised, however, that it is not ALWAYS the nic causing the burning sensation sometimes it is just too hot.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread