aegis solo reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
ive owned an aegis 100w and it has been extremely reliable, one of the best mods i own. im looking into getting a slightly smaller, lighter aegis and the solo fits the bill.

im just wondering, ive read quite a bit on reliability issues with the solo. some have claimed it isnt as waterproof as it should be. saw quite a bit of “no coil detected” issues.

hopefully users here who have owned the solo for awhile, please chime in on how your aegis solo has been. help me decide if i should get one soon. thank you in advance!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I have 4 Solo's and have had zero issues with them. Also I do not know of any reliability issues or problems with the Solo's. They are one of the most solid and durable mods made and sold.

My dog has sent mine flying off tables with her wagging tail and no problems or issues. They are tough mods that just keep working.

On YouTube there are a few videos of people intentionally abusing their Solo's. That includes water testing and being run over in a gravel driveway. They keep working.

As for "no atomizer detected" - I would suspect those to be issues with the atty and it's setup by the end user. Could some have been defective? Absolutely.

If there were problems with the Solo's many here would know about them. Many folks on ECF have purchased multiple Solo's. That should tell you something in and of itself. :)

I don't know if you are stateside or across one of the ponds. If you are stateside your time is running out for buying vape gear with the looming Deeming Regulations. If you are not in the states you shouldn't have an issue obtaining one (depending of course what country).

Good luck with whatever route you choose. :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's so hard to say because people who claim such things rarely give the full story or they don't realize the problem is with them or something else, not the mod.

BTW: The Aegis line is not supposed to be water proof, it's supposed to be water resistant. Water proof means you can submerge it water for long periods of time with no negative outcome. This is not the case with the Aegis and was never marketed as such.

Also, if you are thinking of getting a solo, look into the Max instead, It's only slightly bigger ad takes 21700 batts as well as 18650 with supplied adapter.

You can see the differences in sizes of various aegis mods in this video. Skip to 6:00 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I dropped my Solo in the yard when I was mowing. Found it nearly two weeks later the next time I mowed. Luckily it fell in a dip in the soil so the mower went right over it. It spent multiple days out there in heavy rain and fired right up. I got my first one pre-order when they first came out and never had a problem.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    i saw somewhere that the problem can be the 510 being a little too protruded and can push a blue wire out of place, causing the no coil detected problem. seeing that a few here have no problems, i believe ill be going to the shops tomorrow. id like to compare the max to the solo and my aegis 100w. i wanted a pocket carry workhorse in an aegis.

water and shock resistant is what i really love about these mods.

thank you very much for the replies!

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    i saw somewhere that the problem can be the 510 being a little too protruded and can push a blue wire out of place, causing the no coil detected problem.

Interesting. If Geekvape was made aware of this, then it is possible that this has been fixed on newer stock. This would tell me that the issue might not exist on the max. It also tells me to make sure to buy a solo from a high volume retailer so you are sure to get newer stock and therefore likely avoid getting a defective solo (assuming GV has corrected the problem on subsequent runs of the solo).

This is why I am not an early adopter of any tech, especially vape.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    i saw somewhere that the problem can be the 510 being a little too protruded and can push a blue wire out of place, causing the no coil detected problem. seeing that a few here have no problems, i believe ill be going to the shops tomorrow. id like to compare the max to the solo and my aegis 100w. i wanted a pocket carry workhorse in an aegis.

water and shock resistant is what i really love about these mods.

thank you very much for the replies!
    I've read about that connection issue also.
    So far my 8 Solo's are fine.
    I actually prefer the size of the Solo over the Max, but I rarely have a need for a 21700 mod.

Reactions: mototoo

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    picked up a solo. very nice size and weight. thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• 257DE644-6FC6-475D-8DA9-A085EE291774.jpeg
      257DE644-6FC6-475D-8DA9-A085EE291774.jpeg
      516 KB · Views: 24
    Reactions: puffon

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    anyone using an expromizer v4 with aegis solo? im constantly getting a “no coil detected” error with the expromizer, but it works fine with my dvarw.

Sounds like a possible positive pin issue on the expromizer. If it works on other mods, then maybe the positive pin is a tad too short for the Solo. If you can adjust the pin on that tank, screw it out a tad, like a quarter turn at a time. Otherwise you may need to use a 510 heat sink to use it on the Aegis.

I find this odd if this is the case because pics I've seen of the Expromizer v4 show a rather well-protruding 510 pos pin. But it could be that the pics I'm seeing don't have the positive pin screwed in all the way (assuming it's screw-able).

Reactions: mototoo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread