www.geekvape.com
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Cool! So let's compare the Aegis X to the aegis legend.

Same:
  • Dual 18650 up to 200W
  • Temperature control SS/Ni200/Ti
  • IP67 water/shock/dust-proof
  • Screen on the front
  • Latching battery door on the bottom
  • Price
  • Dimensions within 2mm (although one page claims 41.2mm wide which seems like an error while another says 56.1mm wide; the Legend is 58mm wide)
  • Mysterious claim of using "up to" six different materials
  • Resistance range 0.05-3.0ohm
Different:
  • Kit ships with Cerberus tank and mesh coils (instead of Aero Mesh sub-ohm tank)
  • Newer AS2.0 chipset with a faster response time
  • Stronger unibody 510 connector
  • MicroUSB port on the top is now easier to open and plug into, and better at charging cells that are unevenly discharged
  • No mention of MIL STD 810G-516.6 military grade shockproof spec
  • Plus/minus rocker switch is now two separate larger buttons in vertical orientation
  • Powerful/Standard/Soft mode select
  • MASSIVE 2.4" OLED screen with graphical themes
Unknown:
  • Mass (Legend is 200g bare, Limited Edition is substantially less)
  • Material (Legend is Aluminum + Zinc alloy; Limited Edition is Magnesium Alloy)
Summary: It's an incremental improvement to the already solid Aegis Legend, with a pretty screen at no extra cost.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Too bad it isn't 20700 or 21700 battery device. Large color screen is going to eat batteries unless turned off I think.

Yes and no. OLED screens generally consume less power than their TFT and LCD counterparts. So it is possible to have a larger OLED screen that is equal or less in power consumption to a smaller TFT screen.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I spent half an hour yesterday trying to find the approximate wattage draw of a 2.4" full color OLED screen but I came up empty-handed.

So I did some back of the napkin math.
If a 1920x1080 pixel OLED HDTV has 2,073,600 pixels and draws 160W,
then a 2.4" 120x90 pixel OLED screen has 10,800 pixels and ought to draw 0.8W. Plus a fudge factor for the inefficiency of scale in the backlight whatever I may have overlooked, and it works out to exactly 5W probably more or less.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I spent half an hour yesterday trying to find the approximate wattage draw of a 2.4" full color OLED screen but I came up empty-handed.

So I did some back of the napkin math.
If a 1920x1080 pixel OLED HDTV has 2,073,600 pixels and draws 160W,
then a 2.4" 120x90 pixel OLED screen has 10,800 pixels and ought to draw 0.8W. Plus a fudge factor for the inefficiency of scale in the backlight and it works out to exactly 5W probably more or less.

There is no backlight with OLED, each pixel is self emitting. Black turns the pixel off, drawing no power at all. TFT or LCD has an “Always On” back light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread