Status
Not open for further replies.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
That sucks... I haven't seen anyone offering replacement parts. You could try contacting some of the vendors that sell the AGAs... There's a good chance one of them can help you out.
If that doesn't work... I'd take the broken post to ACE Hardware (they have a much better selection of fasteners than Lowes or Home Depot) and see if you can get something close.

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
Sorry if this is posted in this forum, but I couldnt find anything searching. Has anyone sourced a replacement center pin? As in the positive post that the nuts screw on to? Just dropped mine rebuilding it and the threaded portion broke off.

Sorry to hear what happened mate. Very surprised that a stainless post snapped by dropping it too? They are pretty cheap as a unit so if you bought a replacement you would have a replacement post, tank, cap, deck, o rings, screws etc . . . everything. I saw them recently for about $25 not sure where now but they are available.

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
Ahh, well I should mention that its the V1 with the brass mixed metal post. Just figured the size hadnt changed much.

Ah yes, I see your conundrum. Maybe the post on the new AGA T would suffice? if the overall height of the tanks and deck are the same it should be fine (albeit stainless instead of brass if that is an issue for you). I would have liked the old screw cap design myself, not a big fan of pop tops. Anyway, good luck on your quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread