Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
AngieBe... I love Lime Cream right out of the mailbox...it does mellow with time but be sure to shake it up very well each time.
Akadare...I'm a non steeper....I try everything upon receipt and if I don't care for something put it in time out for awhile. It really depends on the juices you ordered...the more complex the more they need to mature in my opinion anyway...and welcome..

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Akdare the only ones I've tried of that list are Smooth Criminal (which I like right out of the mailbox and it just gets better with steep) and Shipwreck which was good...I'm just not a coconut fan which as I recall there was a hint of. Like I said...give them all a try and if you aren't sure let them sit a little. I think you will be very pleased...

Akdare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
DFW, Texas
Akdare the only ones I've tried of that list are Smooth Criminal (which I like right out of the mailbox and it just gets better with steep) and Shipwreck which was good...I'm just not a coconut fan which as I recall there was a hint of. Like I said...give them all a try and if you aren't sure let them sit a little. I think you will be very pleased...

Yep. I just tasted a drop and I taste coconut as well. People seeme to be very divided over coconut. I love coconut.

Sent from my iPad

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I remember when AngiBe first got here, and now you're rocking a Provari? You've come a long way, baby!!! Meanwhile I got my VTR today (yay!!) but ordered the wrong batteries (huh?) so I'm heading back out into the 5 degree temps to get the right ones. All this chatter about protected vs unprotected and I'm all "la la la that will never apply to me la la la." And now I'm putting on my boots and jacket.....

Lol, I know crazy right? My treat to myself for 3 months no cigs. Now I'm eyeing a Sophia w/a Dtank and another ProVari. Most of my vape money has been going towards gear instead of juice but I did take advantage of a few juice sales. BUT...I've had these 9 Ahl juices steeping knowing I'd get to try new treats for Dec!!!! So excited!

Except I vaped up my Blueberry Vanilla Cake in two days. :( I couldn't stop vaping it! Soooo good! I will never be able to vape another Blueberry again w/out comparing.

bustamelon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
CT, USA
So after all that grumbling about the post office, both packages arrived today. I didn't have to pick up the drippers that the website told were "ready for pickup." And another order I put in from 101vape in San Diego showed on the website that it was still in SD today. And then there it was in my mailbox. Website went from San Diego to DELIVERED in one swell foop.

I've now broken my dripping cherry. Wow, that sounds terrible. And I mean it in the figurative worst way.
Man, these juices really shine in the bridgeless atty. Not that they're bad at all in the clearos, but there is absolutely nothing lost in translation when dripped.
I finally tried Shipwreck (I think about 2-3 weeks old), and I'm a fan. It's not an every day liquid but it's pretty good. Exotic. Somehow reminds me not of lounging on a desert (dessert?) island, but rather walking through one of those tourist town head shops that sell a lot of Tibetan trinkets. Not sure if anyone has any idea what I mean by that, but there seem to be a ton of these in the New England shore towns. They burn heady incense all day and it's that smell that I think of with Shipwreck. Tashi delek!

SilentVapidity

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
So after all that grumbling about the post office, both packages arrived today. I didn't have to pick up the drippers that the website told were "ready for pickup." And another order I put in from 101vape in San Diego showed on the website that it was still in SD today. And then there it was in my mailbox. Website went from San Diego to DELIVERED in one swell foop.

I've now broken my dripping cherry. Wow, that sounds terrible. And I mean it in the figurative worst way.
Man, these juices really shine in the bridgeless atty. Not that they're bad at all in the clearos, but there is absolutely nothing lost in translation when dripped.
I finally tried Shipwreck (I think about 2-3 weeks old), and I'm a fan. It's not an every day liquid but it's pretty good. Exotic. Somehow reminds me not of lounging on a desert (dessert?) island, but rather walking through one of those tourist town head shops that sell a lot of Tibetan trinkets. Not sure if anyone has any idea what I mean by that, but there seem to be a ton of these in the New England shore towns. They burn heady incense all day and it's that smell that I think of with Shipwreck. Tashi delek!

I'm so glad that you got the postal mess sorted out! And I'm going to think about you busting your dripping melon, instead of breaking your dripping cherry. Busting dripping melon has a ring to it.

I have Shipwreck in my "wait, wait, wait for it" drawer. But soon.....:vapor:

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
Got my second (ordered first, actually) shipment from the sale today, but first an update on Ginger Orange Oolong..
I dripped some more and it's already settled down quite a bit. It was the juice left in the IGO-L so it had a fair amount of airing out. I quite like it now. The orange and ginger are very bright, refreshing, and spicy. I think I'm getting a hint of oolong, but only as a faint background note. I like it well enough to try it in a tank soon.

Moving on to today's delivery.. all 3, Dulce Cubanito, Caramel Coffee, and Banana Cream Pie, smelled great out of the mail. First dripping sample was DC. Excellent semi-strong, for a non-aro, tobacco. I liked it a lot for a 1st day taste. Would definitely vape it already. Caramel Coffee smells almost exactly like a long steeped Kona Kick to me. Vaping it was pretty nice. I do get a bit of the usual, mild, booziness I always get from coffees (with noted exceptions). The caramel is a back note, unlike most other caramels I've tried from Ahlusion. The exhale aroma is exceptionally nice, tho. Rich coffee. Seems promising. Finally, Banana Cream Pie. Vapes pretty much like the nose. Fresh banana - perhaps mildly candy-like - and some creaminess. I don't really get any pie crust yet, but I already like it.

All in all, quite happy with the latest 4 for me from Ahl.

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Down Yonder
Lol, I know crazy right? My treat to myself for 3 months no cigs. Now I'm eyeing a Sophia w/a Dtank and another ProVari. Most of my vape money has been going towards gear instead of juice but I did take advantage of a few juice sales. BUT...I've had these 9 Ahl juices steeping knowing I'd get to try new treats for Dec!!!! So excited!

Except I vaped up my Blueberry Vanilla Cake in two days. :( I couldn't stop vaping it! Soooo good! I will never be able to vape another Blueberry again w/out comparing.

I went through BVC really fast too! It's one of my favorites. BIGGER bottle next time!

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States
I'm so glad that you got the postal mess sorted out! And I'm going to think about you busting your dripping melon, instead of breaking your dripping cherry. Busting dripping melon has a ring to it.

I have Shipwreck in my "wait, wait, wait for it" drawer. But soon.....:vapor:

LOL @ that description. I like you. :)

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I found it good right away, better after a couple weeks. Fairly typical. What I liked about it was the coffee had legs, and wasn't so mild it muted for longer vape sessions like other coffee tobaccos I've had. Here's my review.. JG Blend by Ahlusion

I also recently got Americano from MountainOakVapor, a new synthetic tobacco with espresso that is really, really good.

I just got Sunday Morning in the mail last week, MOV's coffee NET. Have you tried it? Mine is still steeping.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I just got Sunday Morning in the mail last week, MOV's coffee NET. Have you tried it? Mine is still steeping.

Yeah, I liked Sunday Morning quite a bit. My only complaint is the coffee is light and fades quickly for me when I vape it. I know someone who adds a little DIY coffee flavoring to improve it.

Pendragon has similar tobacco with cherry and vanilla instead of coffee. I liked that one much more, it's one of my favorite NETs. I'm kind of an odd one out for loving PenD though, many find it too light or not that great of flavor but to me it's fantastic. Smokin' Cherries from Ahl, PenD from MOV, and Legend from HHV make up my trifecta of amazing cherry tobacco vapes.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I found it good right away, better after a couple weeks. Fairly typical. What I liked about it was the coffee had legs, and wasn't so mild it muted for longer vape sessions like other coffee tobaccos I've had. Here's my review.. JG Blend by Ahlusion

I also recently got Americano from MountainOakVapor, a new synthetic tobacco with espresso that is really, really good.

Really great review

I didn't have the options when I ordered whether dark or light roast
and don't know what it came with

However came in the mail today and smells so amazing
and do believe I probably should have got at least the 30 ml instead of the 10

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Really great review

I didn't have the options when I ordered whether dark or light roast
and don't know what it came with

However came in the mail today and smells so amazing
and do believe I probably should have got at least the 30 ml instead of the 10

Yeah, they dropped that option I guess, like dropping the strong tobacco option with Vecchio. I wonder which roast option is now standard with JG Blend. I never tried the light roast option but heard there's quite a difference.

bbywho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Arlington, VA, USA
I haven't tried their Sunday Morning but I can't get enough Full Virginia Flake RY4.
I really enjoy the Full Virginia Flake RY4 too. My first purchase at a B&M in August included 15ml 24mg of that and 15ml 18mg of MOV Frostbite. Wasn't too keen on them FOOB but WOW now. Unfortunately, I can't handle the 24mg nic anymore--even the 18mg is a bit much with my chain vaping. Both are really full bodied, luscious tasting vapes for me. Can't believe I like the Frostbite as much as I do--I typically don't like menthol in my juices. Will probably re-order both at a lower nic level and let them sit in the steeping closet for about two months. Something to look forward to during the cold and dreary late winter months. After all, I have about 450ml of new Ahlusion juices to play with in the meantime! No more sale purchases for me. My poor credit card is flaming at this point. The only good thing is that I do get "Thank You" points for my purchases. I'll be able to pick up lots of $100 Home Depot gift cards now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread