Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
When I first got my GG the draw was very good. Now after a couple of week it sounds and feels like I am getting too much air. When it does this I don't get as much vapor or throat hit. I am using the same type atomizers.

What could have happened that caused this? What can I do to fix this?

Hi Martha. What atomizer you smoke so I can help you?

ps..... Nothing happened, you just get used to the draw.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
You might try pushing the center pole down farther so your atty will screw down farther as well. Not all atomizers are created exactly equal. I know I have quite a few atomizers here ALL from the same manufacturer and every one is different when it comes to air flow. It may not be the GG at all but the inconsistent factory...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
If happens what Keith says, then screw the atomizer and then open the cap and pull a little the center pole of GG. Then push it again until it stops.

Other possible reasons are:

faulty atomizer
ready to die atomizer
GG needs cleaning (all threads and all connections) but I doupt that this is the reason

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
Ihave tried several different atomizers. I took the cap apart because it had eliquid in it. When I put it back together the center pin will not stay in. I can put it back together by holding the pin and screwing the atomizer in and then screwing it back on the unit. How can I fix this?

What is the tiny round black thing that came out of the top. I put it back in but don't see how it can stay that way. Is there pictures or a video showing taking this apart and putting it back together again.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Ihave tried several different atomizers. I took the cap apart because it had eliquid in it. When I put it back together the center pin will not stay in. I can put it back together by holding the pin and screwing the atomizer in and then screwing it back on the unit. How can I fix this?

What is the tiny round black thing that came out of the top. I put it back in but don't see how it can stay that way. Is there pictures or a video showing taking this apart and putting it back together again.

Thats the reason Martha. In a while you will have leakage inside GG.

You forgot to ask me how you can take apart the connector:D

Ok, I will make a video now. I hope the o-rings are in good contition

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Camera is not working.

I am sure that you have a non theaded head on your center pole because you bought your GGTS before some days.

Ok, lets start:

take of the atomizer's cap and pull out the rounded nail

Unscrew the polygonal nut. The black plastic will stay on the connector

You have 2 o-rings inside the plastic. If they didnt came out of the plastic please put the nail from the other side of the cap to push them out

Now put the polygonal nut on the nail

Now put the o-rings around the nail and push them until they reach the polygonal nut

Put the whole thing inside the plastic. Take care to see if nail comes out from the other side of the plastic. You have to be able to see it if you look from the other side of the cap.

Push a little the polygonal nut so o-rings will come inside plastic and then start to screw the polygonal nut inside the plastic. Please be careful not to cross-thread those 2 pieces

You are ready

mikecyber

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Egg fryingly hot Florida
I did just like you said. The little black rings were on top of the cap. One of them broke. I replaced the one left and it now works.

Will it be okay with just the one?

Maybe, maybe not. Rob at vaporkings carries the o-rings, 2 for $0.95.
Product Page
You might want to order some in case your GG stops working again.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I did just like you said. The little black rings were on top of the cap. One of them broke. I replaced the one left and it now works.

Will it be okay with just the one?

Very nice Martha. Yes, it will be ok. I just put 2 o-rings for more safety and to make the GG more robost and secure. If you see after months that you need the second one then you can buy 3-4 of them from my sellers:)

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
You are talking about the 2 tiny round black Orings that fit on the pin.

I just ordered some.

I still wonder how the 2 Orings got ontop of the cap and fell out from the front of the cap. I didn't even know there were any of these in the cap. What are they made of. One of these came out in half. If it was plastic how would it break so easy. Is it made out of metal? These have to be the smallest Orings I have every seen. If not for the fact that I was taking this apart on a while sheet of paper I would not have seen them.

My GG seems to be working pretty good with l of the orings although it is still not producing like it was when I first received it. Perhaps when I get the rings I ordered and replace them it will work better.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
You are talking about the 2 tiny round black Orings that fit on the pin.

I just ordered some.

I still wonder how the 2 Orings got ontop of the cap and fell out from the front of the cap. I didn't even know there were any of these in the cap. What are they made of. One of these came out in half. If it was plastic how would it break so easy. Is it made out of metal? These have to be the smallest Orings I have every seen. If not for the fact that I was taking this apart on a while sheet of paper I would not have seen them.

My GG seems to be working pretty good with l of the orings although it is still not producing like it was when I first received it. Perhaps when I get the rings I ordered and replace them it will work better.

They came out because they were inside the plastic and then you put the nail so you pushed them out.

They are made of rubber.

If GG isnt working as when you got it then please clean the contacts and the threads Martha.

ps......All metals turns gray because of atmospheric corrosion. Amuminium is anodized itself so this anodisation protected it from further corrosion. Aluminium doesnt gets black, our hands do that. But anodization dont let current pass. So a good clean is what we need, nothing more.

ps2..... dont let GG turns gray first before you clean it because you will not have the smoke you want and it will be harder to clean it later. Clean every one week the threads and the connections and you will always have the best vaping experience in the world!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread