• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Alcohol added for TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

nola

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
New Orleans
Just my 2 cents but I would think alcohol would burn off faster and more complete vaping. As for the stuff in my food-I don't want to take the chance cuz I believe trace amounts stay in the food. I have some eliquid that had a small amount alcohol in it and left the tops off them and can't smell the alcohol in them anymore. Of course maybe I'm playing with fire. Yipes. I'm probably not gonna order from those guys again .Take care all of you. blessings....sobriety is great.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty sure the butterscotch from COV has alcohol in it. I talked to my sponsor about it, and he said that as long as it doesn't trigger me to want to take a drink, or get me lit (which is impossible due to the minimal volume consumed), then I'm in the clear. Haven't found it triggering, more nauseating to be honest. The flavor is delicious though, don't get me wrong, but sometimes the boozey aftertaste takes me back to being a 1/2 fifth and 5 bars deep and passed out on the sidewalk....noottt pleasant.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Welcome to the sub-forum Rwechsler. I've been going with the perspective that if I can do without the food/product in question, then I do. And it's not so much a fear of relapse, it's more just putting and END to it as a thought. The less stuff I got kicking around my head, the closer I am to serenity. I easily found an even better ejuice supplier than the one I was concerned about.

Here's a topic we can kick around- What is your experiences with, or opinion on AA being Christian/religious based??

Bob

rwechsler

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    AA was founded upon the fact that it would never be grounded in any established religion. AA grew out of the Oxford Group, which had 6 steps similar to the contemporary 12-step model and was a Christian organization, though it was never as effective because many drunks/addicts, including myself, held onto resents over the notion that this Judeo-Christan "God" had forsaken them. Today, I don't think God ever forsake me, and I'm in a place of acceptance over the fact that 99% of the time, I brought hardships onto myself as a result of self will run riot, and not because god was trying to screw me over. If you're a Christian, or a member of any other established religion, than I think AA is just right for you because you can carry over your notions of God or a higher power and apply that spiritual relationship to the steps. What I don't believe is right is to confine the growth and healing that the steps can provide for those afflicted with the same disease I suffer from to just one religious sect. AA is inclusive, not exclusive, and the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. Thanks for reading. I'm Rick, and I'm an alcoholic.

cmd4au

Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2012
    Oxford, AL
    For some stupid reason, I tried some Butter Rum from Vermillion River once. Tasted just like a big ol swig 'o rum and it scared me a little. Just not willing to take the chance of it triggering so maybe I won't be crazy enough to try anything like that again...I'm Clint, and I'm an alcoholic...Thanks for letting me share...Keep It Simple

Foxman

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    I'm sure most of here are experienced with folks adding alcohol in our food, ect. without telling us.

I've found that this is the case with some juice suppliers, but It's our responsibility to ask b4 ordering.

I've recently ordered some and vaped most of it and then found out.

Being a recovering alky, lol when I started vaping the FIRST thing I did was ask questions abi=out wjat was in my juice. There are ALOT of vendors that use alcahol in there juice. ALWAYS ASK and they will tell you. I only buy from a hand full of vendors and they all gaurantee theres no alch in theres unless it is requested. My sobriety is my life and I trust it to NO humans. Only for the grace of god am I where I'm at today and WONT take a chance. I didn't just pick up 23 for taking chances.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread