Status
Not open for further replies.

leeler

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Hmm, dude I am not.
We shall agree to disagree here.
You no longer vape AIV, cool beans.
Most of us here, who have been posting here all along, will continue to enjoy our banter and our AIV, if the rest of the turds ever come back! ;)
Your random posts this week seem to have been your only contribution here so with that being said, see you around...some other thread.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
Hmm, dude I am not.
We shall agree to disagree here.
You no longer vape AIV, cool beans.
Most of us here, who have been posting here all along, will continue to enjoy our banter and our AIV, if the rest of the turds ever come back! ;)
Your random posts this week seem to have been your only contribution here so with that being said, see you around...some other thread.

Indeed and I absolutely agree, we all vape AIV products here and are very happily doing so. If you do not like them for some reason, then don't vape them. Leave everyone else alone to do as we please. I see no deception on their part and they are good people. End of Story.

Mr2manycars

Feb 13, 2013
Nj
You know I would be frustrated with all your rampant fanboyism, except that I completely understand it. I love AIV as much as you guys if not more. It is literally all I vape and I think they are without question the best juice ever.

I am extremely pleased to report that although you guys may not have seen any issue with the FAQ being deceiving, I heard back from Brandon at AIV who appreciated my concerns, and agreed it was misleading and so they are now changing it. I knew they would do the right thing.

If I'm honest Im very relieved. I did not want to see a future where I couldn't buy aiv juice, giving them up would be be like going on a hunger strike!

Mr2manycars

Feb 13, 2013
Nj
Let me get this straight, they changed the wording, not the ingredients and you are back on board again? Well, welcome back, maybe you can participate on this forum in a productive way moving forward not just when you are holding a grudge.

If you're going to be smarmy, at least be accurate. I'm guessing you did not even read my posts at all. if you had, you would've seen that my issue was not with the results, but the lack of transparency in the FAQ pertaining to diacetyl content. If AIV agreed and changed thier claims perhaps there was something to what I was saying. Bottom line is I came here looking out for you and others and you all haven't been very welcoming to say the least.

qigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Brook Park, Oh
Although it got a little heated I'm glad that the diacetyl issue was raised. I personally don't know enough for it to be a concern to me at this time but if there was testing done I would rather have it posted up front for the sake of transparency than by request. I think we are all stakeholders in both our favorite brands and the hobby in general and getting all known information out there is best for everyone in the end. I too thought all AiV juices were diacetyl free and although to me it was more of a bonus than a selling point, I recognize that these are important issues to others.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014

Indeed and I absolutely agree, we all vape AIV products here and are very happily doing so. If you do not like them for some reason, then don't vape them. Leave everyone else alone to do as we please. I see no deception on their part and they are good people. End of Story.

As usual always good to see. Couldn't agree more.

Mr2manycars

Feb 13, 2013
Nj
Although it got a little heated I'm glad that the diacetyl issue was raised. I personally don't know enough for it to be a concern to me at this time but if there was testing done I would rather have it posted up front for the sake of transparency than by request. I think we are all stakeholders in both our favorite brands and the hobby in general and getting all known information out there is best for everyone in the end. I too thought all AiV juices were diacetyl free and although to me it was more of a bonus than a selling point, I recognize that these are important issues to others.
Thank you, very well said and I'm glad someone else understands where I was coming from.
I think a big problem with the diacetyl issue is that it is really hard to sort out actual information on the subject. Everything seems so biased, the Vapers are as guilty as the ANTZ. The thing I find scary in my research is that diacetyl seems to be most dangerous in exactly the way we use it, when a liquid solution containing it is heated and inhaled repeatedly over the course of years. Vapers who have read about it tend to dismiss the issue by saying, "well there's diacetyl in cigarettes and smokers don't get popcorn lung so diacetyl must not cause popcorn lung" but something about it being burned with the tobacco seems to render it inert. The guys at the popcorn factory who got BO were the ones who mixed the powder into boiling vats, and the consumers who got it just breathed a lot of steam with popcorn butter flavor. A manager at a blockbuster video store got it that way as did a consumer who ate 2 bags a day. In other words, breathing vapors containing diacetyl seems to be the danger factor while burning it seems to render it inert. It only sticks to lung tissue when wet apparently in my limited research. Bottom line there is a lot we do not yet know and it is avoidable if you don't want to put it in your body and can find vendors who publish lab test results. Dr F and the Harvard research team say you should avoid it and that is good enough for me to want to limit my exposure for now until the facts are made clear. I know it's something we would all rather not think about but I don't live life that way, I would rather have hard truth than blissful ignorance. With that said to each their own and if you think it's Worth the risk then vape on.

Last edited:

DIstrict Concept

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
ABQ & DC
www.AliceinVapeland.com
Hello All!!! I'm baaaaaack!!! I am so sorry for my long absence. I've missed you all and have decided that I need to make more time for ECF. You all are my original Vapeland family and cannot wait to catch up and have fun with everyone!

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Hello All!!! I'm baaaaaack!!! I am so sorry for my long absence. I've missed you all and have decided that I need to make more time for ECF. You all are my original Vapeland family and cannot wait to catch up and have fun with everyone!

It is always a pleasure to see you. Thanks for stopping by.

DIstrict Concept

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
ABQ & DC
www.AliceinVapeland.com
So let me address the elephant in the room, I know that there has been a lot of discussion regarding diacetyl here on the thread. After our initial testing, we had a lot of back and forth with our flavor supplier (who also does testing of their own) and some studying/testing of our own that we needed to do. It was never our intent to mislead or misinform any of our Vapelandians (we love you all too much to be jerks!). I do understand a certain level of frustration though. We have changed our FAQ to provide a clear understanding of our juices and diacetyl. I refrain from speaking too much about the issue because I am the designer/artist here at AIV and not the career scientist (that is my lovely co-creator, Nicole). Nicole and I will try our best to answer any questions or concerns our dear Vapelandians might have if you email or call us :)

FAQ | Alice in Vapeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread